05-06 GTO cooling fan

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by bigwilly81z28, Jul 4, 2015.

1. bigwilly81z28

bigwilly81z28 Veteran Member

Having a hard time finding the factory cooling fan plug so that I can retain the stock fan harness. I believe it is part of the GTO body harness, but not exactly sure. The bcm controlled the fans and not the pcm in GTO's. It is a 4 wire blade style connector of unknown style. It is different than the ls1 style fan harness. Have searched the net unsuccessfully and finding one locally is next to impossible considering they were not sold in Canada. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Worst case, cut the wires at the connector, buy a weather pack connector and re-pin it

3. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

No...weather pack connectors/terminals are only rated for 20A max. I'd suggest using 630-series hardware instead-they're easier to find and are rated at 40A. If you need an adapter harness to use with your wires to the GTO fans, I can make something up for ya. Lemme know...

4. bigwilly81z28

bigwilly81z28 Veteran Member

Thanks Badazz and Junkyard, I have an alternative in mind, but was hoping to keep the plug and play factory in case of ease of replacement on the road. Junkyard, good info on the 630 series, will keep that in mind!