13 year old radio presets wow

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I just got my Z out of a 13 year hibernation,was stored for 10 then resorted out 3 years ago,I never seriously drove it other than around the neighborhood the last 3.
    I took my first real extended drive today,fired up the factory 10 watt 2 speaker am/fm [sad] hit the push buttons of the 5,only one had the same "rock/classic rock" format although instead of Boston its now GnR-I feel old. 2 stations are now sports format,one is hot country and the other is some Yap Yap Rap stuff.I know no-one listens to the radio anymore,just one of those things you don't think about as life progresses-That is all-Later Steve!!

jeff swisher likes this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Yep. I listen to XM 60s now and then, Cousin Brucie hasn't changed in 50 years. Dick Bionde is still around somewhere. But the music has died for sure. Kind of sucks, I like to listen to radio sometimes just to keep me company on the road, can't take it for too long.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

It's getting harder to listen to FM radio nowadays. You get about two or possibly three songs if you're lucky and then an onslaught of commercials. It's almost like broadcast TV where it's an hour show with 20 minutes of commercials. Whoever invented the DVR deserves some kind of an award.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

My favorite rock 104.5 has change to All news. WTF. Nothing else compares. I can't see spending more for XM than I would for cable TV. Which I don't do Either.

5. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

I guess I hate technology to a point.
    I still only have AM-FM and do not own any CD and no other type of music thingy I do have cassettes but they are all worn out and no player that works.
    I like my FM we have good stations here that play lots of music. I do not like commercials or talking though.

6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i havent VOLUNTARILY listened to the "radio" in years....like 15 yrs! Not sure who thought TALK and RADIO was what people wanted ....but i hear talk all day....i tune the radio for MUSIC!
    all 4500 of MY tunes...
    upload_2019-8-16_10-19-50.jpeg
    awesome!!! I do listen to internet radio streams...

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  7. BillyDean7173

^There you go.
    I just bought a RetroSound Bluetooth radio with two auxillary inputs for my iPod and my wife's iPod and a USB port for a flashdrive that I'm going to load up with tunes.
    If I want to hear music while cruising, I'm not putting up with commercials.

8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

We've got a classic rock station here that plays music from the 60's up to the 90's. It used to have DJ's that grew up during those times. Now it's got 30 year old DJ's that weren't even a thought when that music came out. All they want to do is talk and act stupid.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

only issue with flash drive system is....it is NOT an i-tune...it is a storage device!! so when SEARCHING for a tune (album)...it is a STORAGE device... you kinda gotta drill down menu to get where you are going. unlike an itune that is PROGRAMMED internally ....and gets you directly to your music. Once you use it you will see what i mean.

10. BillyDean7173

Some DJs pre-record their shows, too. I'm not talking about syndicated shows, which pre-recording is nothing new.
    A DJ once told me that pre-recorded shows will never mention the time or a breaking news event.