19 years ago today!!!!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

15 years and under 1000 posts...
    Slacker!

;)

But a good member of NastyZ! :D

2. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

19 years for me I think... crazy how time flies... 28 years owning the Camaro...

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Yeah I'm a slacker LOL!! but remember I hunt and peck at a keyboard,no smart phone/heck I still listen to 8-tracks!!We had dial up until they discontinued it!!It didn't help either that life got in the way for almost 10 years while my car was stored away!! What little car time was devoted to using wifeys 67 RS.It took an intervention from one of the few guys who know about my car and wifey 3 years ago to get it back out,even then this year is the first time I took it to a show,I had show flyers from the trunk from 2006!!Glad to be back--Heck I didn't even have a like until this year!! Later Steve!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    brooksman9 likes this.
  4. 72'z'steve

Just reading my reply above, I didn't mean to sound like a d#ck,was more the punch you in the arm 'yeah I'm a slacker and proud of it! Kinda hard on the internet to get the jist sometimes--I'm not that way and neither are any of youse' guys
    I do need to figure out the face icons again,they disappeared for me when the board changed-I am technically challenged after all-Later guys Steve!!

5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

We bought Mrs. Champ's 1 owner Camaro on September 2, 2000 and I found and joined the board 11 days later.

It was her birthday present that year. Her older brother raced a 1968 Camaro and her first car was a one owner 1971 Camaro I found for her when I worked at the Pentagon in the late 70's.

I've been able to find some of the parts to build her car from members on this sight. In our travels, we've been able to meet some of the members here that live (or lived in at the time) in CA, GA, MI, WI and MN.

Hoping to meet some more in the future.

6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I still "hunt and peck" at the keyboard (don't know how to do anything else), what's a smart phone and no 8 tracks but still cassettes. I joined in June 2008 about 5 days after I bought my '73.

7. 72'z'steve

I have a friend that I record 8-tracks to cassettes for he's high tech HE!HE! I have a lot of old stuff from the 60's/70's you may not see all the time on 8-track,My dad was a trucker in the 70's -convoy time.I have 2 cases of his truckin 8-tracks that I recorded to cassette for him years ago.Got the old Wards Airline turntable receiver which you can record 8-tracks from LP and to cassette on-things 40 years old ish always works just plug it in!!! Hunt and peck isn't that easy with these "sausage fingers" that I have!!Great times-Steve!!

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've been here actually longer than what's shown as July 2001 (my actual registration date was March 2000. Nasty z software crashed many years ago causing MadMike to struggle recovering all membership info

And I've owned my Camaro 20yrs

9. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Where does the time go?​
    I joined this forum when I was just a kid! 16 to be exact. Back in 2000 I joined, but I started another user name a few years ago.
    This forum has to be one of the coolest around. The guys here seem to just say whatever they want and even if someone completely disagrees, the atmosphere always seems laid back and respectful enough to voice their opinion, even when politics weasels it's way in somehow.
    The only other automotive forum I am part of is ultimate subaru and it's kinda funny, those guys are real chill too but rarely discuss anything off topic, there is a subforum for that like here, but it's goes largely unused.
    Both have the best part of any good auto forum, the info on the cars and technical discussions. It's funny and kinda sad how much the typical subaru driver has changed from hippie in the 80s to boy racers and family guys today.
    Do you have an 8 track player in the camaro? 20191027_092451.jpg 20191027_092458.jpg
    I have the set of speakers too!
    @72'z'steve
    There is a local thrift shop with a couple of bins if 8 tracks. If you want I can take a pic of their collection if you see something you want to add to yours. Good stuff too, the doors, beatles, bread that sorta thing.
    I've had my camaro 23 years and she's finally getting her first resto!
    Cheers boys

10. 72'z'steve

Sparky,thanks for the offer,but wifey WILL take action if I bring 1 more 8-track or player [that she knows about] in the house! I'm surprised that the ones you saw weren't Guy Lombardo or Lawrence welk-that's all I see lately.I take my portable to shows and sometimes it and the tapes get more attention than the car! I've been donating a lot of tapes to other car guys just to have something to plug the hole in the dash even if their player doesn't work.I gave a guy a Smokey and the Bandit 8-track for his T.A. found out the player still worked!! he never had a tape what a hoot!I probably have a couple dozen factory demo tapes that came with the cars too-music stinks but its cool if you can use one for display.Great memories-Steve!!