Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by giggity, Apr 6, 2016.
I pulled the doors to replace the hinge pins and to make sure I get the jams done right.
A while back I pulled the windshield, recently I took a wire brush to this and found this little gem I need to fix. The rest looks good, but this is a combo of windshield.seam sealer mess up. Or bad design...dunno. Pretty common apparently. I posted on facebook, and it seems that the consensus is to cut it out and weld in a piece of metal.
Yeah, mine has too!
My friend came through and let me use his dustless blasting rig to do my hood, doors, trunk lid and front upper and lower headers.
After blasting I used their water based rust inhibitor.
brought everything back to the house and hit hood and door with 80 grit, scuff pads, wiped down, and wiped down again with oil and grease remover. Put coat of SPI epoxy primer.
Once dried, I got help to move things and work on rest. Hopefully I will get the rest painted today.
Also had a little help!!
Their is nothing like a BB Chevy in a second Generation Camaro. I have owned both 1970 BB Camaros. From 1989 to 2001 a numbers matching SS 396 L-78. And presently since 2012, a 1970 SS 396 L-34 also numbers matching both with headers. The 307 although not fast had good fuel mileage. I beefed up the suspension with poly subframe bushings and 1 1/4 inch front bar and 13/16 inch rear bar with poly bushings and end links. And Firestone firehawk indy 500 tires 225-70-14. your car looks real nice.
Got some more epoxy primer of bare parts, overall turned out ok, but doing this in garage sucks, to many variables to control. I have some dust come in Im going to have to clean up, sand down, and if necessary respray.