1970 Camaro Z28 RS (Looking to Purchase)

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by B Rod, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I question the the engine block. It appears the block is a C170 cast date for a July car. That's very distant for a July car. It would be more realistic to believe if it were a F170. Does anyone see something I'm missing? Overall it's a very nice restoration on the car. But everything spotted and posted about the car brings up a lot of red flags.

2. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

^^This^^

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

That's exactly what I was referring to. My V0406CTB (April 6th) build engine has a C230 (March 23rd) block and the heads are C100 and C50. The alternator I think is also way early.
    Shift knob is incorrect also for a console car. Not a big deal until you go to buy a real, 5 oz chrome knob!

4. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

5. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that. You made me go out and measure my wheels immediately...lol.
    There's a lot of things on this car that concern me, especially the stripes. It's sad that someone would go through a restoration, and screw up the stripes, especially when they have stencils to get it right. If anything, the stripes are the Z's personality. Besides, for 70K, I would expect a perfect car. If the wheels were the only thing, then, to me, it's not a deal breaker. But the stripes would make me walk away. That's my opinion. Thanks again!

roeville likes this.
  6. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice looking car for sure, but line two in the warranty pretty much sums up what's been discussed. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith.

7. serpent710

serpent710 Veteran Member

So he knows we know that he knows it's BS

8. B Rod

B Rod New Member

Okay, we will cross this one off the list. Appreciate everyone’s comment and good eye!!!

Thanks

9. B Rod

B Rod New Member

10. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

I love this color. Stripes look correct for a Norwood car but underneath should be red oxide (for Norwood cars). I see a lot of things (no smog, no deep groove pulleys, non original water pump, master cylinder, and reproduction air cleaner lid, base is original) but a couple of things that stick out; wrong radiator, top plate, and shroud, and it’s difficult to see but the radiator core support opening needs to about 25” wide (as opposed to 20.75”). Looks like an HEI distributor. Original distributors are getting hard to find and are expensive. These things can be fixed and sometimes worth it if the price reflects the deficiencies. I think this is a nice car. You could be looking for a long time for the “perfect car”.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019