1970 Chevelle

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Camaro_73, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Camaro_73

Camaro_73 Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Belton,TX
    Wow... I havent been on here in 4-5 years when i had my 73 Camaro.. Well im not sure if rules have changed or not but then i know people were able to post other projects. Is that still ok? I just remember how good this site was compared to any other car site.

But im now on my 3rd 1970 Chevelle after selling my 2nd one 6 years ago. I regret selling that car everyday of my life and when this one popped up on Craigslist i didn't hesitate to pull the trigger especially for how cheap i got it. IF youre familiar with the market you may know that specifically 2 door 1970 Chevelles are not cheap in ANY condition. I bought this one as a complete roller. Will need floor pans, truck pan and the usually underneath cleaning/replacing of stock parts. Surprisingly it doesn't have horrible rear windshield rust nor lower fender rust. Lower quarter panels are the usual rust but its actually a pretty solid car. Also got it without a title but being in Tx a bonded title is easy to do so i wasn't worried about it. I looked at the car for maybe 10 seconds before loading it on the trailer, exchanging money and heading home! But given i buy and sell trucks money isn't as consistent as a regular life draining job so progress will be slow but im trying to promise myself that there will be progress and that ill do my best to keep this one. Being 6 years wiser then i was when i sold my last one i understand that as much as we don't want it to life has to come first...

Plans are clean and replace front end and rear end parts. Nothing fancy aside from maybe some cheap tubular a-arms. LS swap of course because who isn't doing that these days? Its just common sense when building a daily driver. Do what i can on the interior and just get in and drive it then work on it as i go. I cant express how much i miss driving and old school car day in and day out..

STAY TUNED!

Also, im in Belton, Tx if anyone here is near. Give me a hollar, i could use car friends!

[​IMG]

brooksman9 and FlaJunkie like this.
  2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    What no 454 with cowl induction?? HAA HA , looks like a great project, good luck!!

3. Camaro_73

Camaro_73 Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Belton,TX
    Has the SS cowl hood but no 454 unless i find one realistically priced lol

4. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    At the price you would find a good LS-6 454 , you could have a real nice new style LS, they are certainly expensive , hope they let you post, your restoration , I would like to see the progress !!

5. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hamilton,MI
    LOVE Chevelles. Post away.

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    I love the 70 SS396 the best but it has to have the ZL2 vacuum operated flapper and a 4-spd.

7. Camaro_73

Camaro_73 Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Belton,TX
    I wouldn't even attempt to find one. The car isn't an SS and I personally wouldn't pay $1000s of dollars for just an engine. Especially for how cheap i can get an LS set up. Ive had an LS swapped 78 firebird with an LQ4/TH350 bone stock and that thing was awesome.

Dentguy#4 likes this.
  8. Camaro_73

Camaro_73 Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Belton,TX
  9. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    What color are you thinking?

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member