1970 Rear Sway Bar - Help

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by citrusz, May 15, 2006.

1. citrusz

citrusz Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I was going though some parts catolog's trying to find new rear sway bar bushings for my 1970 Z and can't find any listing for them. Does anybody know if they are available in repro. and if so from whom.

I also need 3 of the plugs used to plug the round holes on the inside of the rear quarter panels. Anybody from some used?

Thanks

2. LT1Z28

LT1Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 19, 2000
    St Augustine FL USA
    Rear Sway Bar

3. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Cliff and others, Does ANYBODY make an accurate bushing for the sway bay downlinks.....The rubber that went around bar inside clamped/bolted portion?

4. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    Chuck,
    I can answer that question. No.
    Plus GM discontinued those a long time ago. The bushings for the sway bar ends (under shock plate) are still available.

Rick H.

5. citrusz

citrusz Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    FROM WHO ARE THEY AVAIALABLE FROM?

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto
    Why would you want to trap the moisture with plugs? Just like GM leaving the bottom door drain plugs in my Grand National. I want the water to drain out. And I've seen other doors rotted because of this.

7. citrusz

citrusz Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    THIS CAR WILL NEVER SEE WATER. IF THE CAR LEFT THE FACTORY WITH THE PLUGS, I WANT THEM. DO YOU HAVE ANY OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THEM? THANKS

8. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    From GM. Part #7503168. These are for the Z/28 rear sway bar ends.

Part #344697 is the number for the downlink bushing. It's been long time discontinued but you can use the number to do an ebay or web search.

Rick H.

9. ryork

ryork Veteran Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think I remember Dennis T saying he got his from Ground-up????? Maybe he'll chime in.

10. LT1Z28

LT1Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 19, 2000
    St Augustine FL USA
    Sway Bar Bushing Set

Hello,

The name of the company that makes a set of bushings for the 1970 Z-28 rear sway bar is Energy Suspension. The set comes in both Black and Red. I used the black and they installed with no problem. I think you have to get the set unless that has changed. They have a website which you can find doing a google search. These bushings are a poly but are the only things that I could find after a long search. I only used the drop downs because the others I found on Ebay. regards Cliff K LT1Z28 Hazlet NJ