1970 Z28 Fender Emblem Location

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by TEDDYS CAMARO, May 25, 2007.

1. Ken70

Ken70 Member

Gary

Im looking for the 70 script Camaro fender template? Do you have info you can share?

Thanks
    ken

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The assembly manual has placement dimensions.

3. Ken70

Ken70 Member

Thank you

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I know this is old but looking a the fenders in particular it would be a challenge, but not impossible, to make a punch and die setup for a manual punch op at the assembly plants. The punch needs a die side to fit flat against the back side of the panel and with the inner fender-wheel well flange on one side and the internal bracing on the door side it would be difficult to articulate a die in place. Much easier tooling-wise to just have a light weight drill bushing type fixture that locates on the outside to a few key locations and then hand drill the holes. Also, FWIW, I checked the holes on my fenders and there was no evidence of a pierced hole. No die roll or break from a pierce punch. There are interesting methods for die-less piercing of holes, but these are rather exotic using electromagnets to accelerate the pierce punch. Picture shooting a bullet hole in a piece of sheet metal, but the bullet is very sharp and travelling much faster than a bullet. Probably didn't even exist in 1970.

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Agreed. I'm going to go with you, twozs, and others on this thread: not punched.