1970 Z28 on eBay. Was on BAT. Very suspect.

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by 70lt1z28, Dec 1, 2019.

1. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

2. xten

xten Veteran Member

That is weird Dave. I honestly don't understand the motive. What (in your opinion) do you think they're trying to accomplish here? It all really sounds and looks shady.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You can tell the 6 was added on the door vin decal and GM would not have 2 body numbers the same. The proper Authorities s/b informed.

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

My guess is they shifted the VIN to prevent easy background searches. If you Google search the '55 VIN, nothing hits. If you Google the '56 VIN, it gets many hits to the BAT auction.
    A member on Yenko.net is informing eBay.

xten likes this.
  5. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Based on the photo's in the Yenko topic, it looks a lot like the VIN must have been digitally altered. I doubt if the car in the ebay auction actually exists, and even if it did, I doubt it would have the VIN that ends in 55. In the photo with dash VIN, it appears the 2nd 5 from the right was photoshopped to replace the 6. If you look closely both 5's have the same camera flash at the upper right and upper left at the "crook". Same method used for the door tag VIN. both the 5's look identical.

6. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

The last 5 was Photoshopped — on the VIN plate, paperwork, and the door cert sticker. Look close and you can see the same shadows and highlights as the 5 right next to it. Also, the photoshopped 5 on the VIN plate is spaced a little too far over. I can change it to a different number if you want.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  7. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I remember that car from about 10-12 years ago,hard to forget those black stripes on roof and black tail panel,may be same pics,believe it was legitimately for sale then,story [motor Blah Blah] rings a bell. I sent some 74'z air cleaner pics to a member here to post about 12 years ago,which he did,Those pics showed up on e-bay about 4 years ago with an auction.Weird when you look at something and go "Hey that's my rec room!!"What was the end game here?? A money grab for a deposit??? Later Steve!!

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

That car looked familiar to me too Steve. I also wondered what the game was and why. Deposit would make sense.

9. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

Apparently online sales fraud is rampant. Earlier this year I posted my 71 Z28 on Knoxville Craigslist and Facebook marketplace but pulled the adds due to the number of dead beats that said they were coming to see it but never showed or even called to notify me they weren't coming. Now I see a "classic car" dealer in Long Island has my pictures and car listed on their website for sale at $42K. DP9 Motorsport is there outfit. I called them, left a message but never received a call back.

10. xten

xten Veteran Member

That would have to be a shock seeing your own car there.
    Best thing we could hope for now is some scammer trying to screw a fraud dealer with funny money.