1970 z28 radiator

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Todd edgecombe, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM.

1. Todd edgecombe

Todd edgecombe New Member

Hello, new to this site. I have a 1970 z28 4 speed. I am looking for a original radiator. My car was built 04d.
    Thanks Todd

2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Welcome to the site, Todd. Lots of folks here are very helpful and knowledgeable.

One of the harder items to come by. You've come to the best place though to try and find one. Might also post an ad at the Supercar Forum (yenko.net). Lots of hard to find parts there.

FYI if you didn't know , the radiator wasn't a Z28 only item. It was also used on any small block with the optional heavy duty cooling option and in your case a manual transmission. It is 26 inch wide 2 core with side tanks marked IA and CT and the metal tag (if it still has one) will have a LF along with those side tank codes. The metal tag will also have the radiator part number 3021300 0. These rusted pretty quickly making it hard to read.

The date is a letter on the passenger side tank with A for January and so on for each month. You would be probably be looking for and a B, C or D tank.
    Let's see some pictures of your car! Tell us about it.

3. Todd edgecombe

I will try to sent some pics, it is a 1970 rs z28. FG white stripes. Deluxe interior, performance option. CE block.

4. x77-69z28

x77-69z28 Veteran Member

Oh boy, another forest green 70 Z! There are a few of us restoring our cars at the same time, welcome to the site. Mine is a Turbo 400 car.

5. Todd edgecombe

Very nice , I love FG.