1971 Hemi Cuda ...... unbelievable sale price

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Jun 17, 2014.

1. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Oh you think rarity would generate a $3.5m pricetag if the rich peeps didn't want it? Market dictates all pricetags my friend.

2. cyberswap

cyberswap Veteran Member

Coming from a mopar guy whom has owned both a 70 and 71 cuda ( besides various other e bodies over the years, Im a e body junkie and before they were the ravei maight add)

71s are just a better looking car.... they are not identicle at all , the 71 featured a super super sharp grille and has 4 headlights as opposed to two on a 70 and 72 73 74...the 70 was a one year only grille as well but the 71 is just sharp as all get out. Also the 71 cudas not barracudas featured the gilled fenders , which are super sharp.

I know these things are purely asthetics but they make a huge difference in the desirability between the two cars.

3. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah New Member

Only 2 made? One of which is the only that has its intact drivetrain?

There's always a fool ready to part with his money!

4. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

So what your saying is the trim is more desirable then say a standard front end... Hmm wonder what other car that could be applied too... ;)

People with too darn much money then they know what to do with and bragging rights to say that they have one of eleven verts in existence.

5. 74_Camaro

74_Camaro Veteran Member

That's crazy money!!

Funny enough, there used to be a '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertible around my town back in the early 80's and my dad met the guy. It was just hemi to him at the time, now it's something he wish he would've bought. Don't know what happened to that one!

And a few years ago a guy pulled up to a local show in a '70 Hemi Challenger convertible he's had since the early 80's. One of 9 made, and I believe one of 6 known to exist today. The car wasn't even restored!

6. clill

clill Veteran Member

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by RS1979
    I know it's rare; but, who in their right mind would spend that kind of money on a car that will sit in a garage and never get driven? Damn sure not me.

People with too darn much money then they know what to do with and bragging rights to say that they have one of eleven verts in existence."

Why do people collect rare art ? It looks great and goes up in value. I believe the seller paid around 800K for the car and just sold it for 3.5 mil. Even after taxes that is a pretty good return on investment and he had a cool car. Alot more fun than looking at a stock certificate. I have friends that own 8 of the Hemi Cuda and Challenger converts. When they saw the sale price of 3.5 mil they had big smiles.

7. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Charley, You're alleging that Kevin S paid 800K for the 71' B4Blue
    Cuda convertible.

1) Who bought this same U.S. Govt drug enforcement seized car from the James G Murphy auction in Kenmore,WA for $450K.

2) Who spent how much to have car restored by "Julius" ?? (Kevin or ??)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

9. clill

clill Veteran Member

The latest Mecum newsletter says the auction buyer at the drug auction had Julius restore it in about 2000. Then he traded it to Kevin for a number of vintage Corvettes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014