1973 LT RS Z28 Basket case

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Me_n_my_z, Nov 4, 2019.

1. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    run! unless money is no object!

2. 70ZED

70ZED Veteran Member Gold Member

Interesting car. No Z28 fender emblems ? Is this an RS/SS with a Z28 engine option ?

3. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

No, it is a TypeLT with the Z28 option. TypeLT Z28s did not receive badges or stripes.

zfool likes this.
  4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

You could not combine the SS option with the Z28 option. But you could combine the RS option with the SS option or with the Z28 option. Also, no SS option in 73.

5. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

Save it or sell it to someone who will. There’s not enough real ones to scrap it.

6. Me_n_my_z

Me_n_my_z Veteran Member

Im supposed to go and go over the car Thursday after work . If its savable and i can get a decent deal on it ill try to buy it. It would be really hard for me to let that go for scra . I love these Camaros.

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Anything is salvageable these days....Like mentioned, you can get a new body for less than $15K

8. 70 Six Banger

70 Six Banger New Member

Buy it and hang on to it...it will go up in value and you can figure out what to do with it in the fullness of time. Once you get it you can either start doing the metal work yourself, or find someone who can do it and not break the bank (they're out there...you'll usually get a line on a decent welder at a car show by asking around). You could always do the minimum amount of work to get it structurally sound and running and then drive it like that for awhile...I know from personal experience that your car will drive everyone nuts...they will all want to "save" it. Very unusual to find a matching-number musclecar with that kind of documentation.

Also...2 great Camaro clubs near you...the Northeast Ohio CC and the Eastern Michigan CC...many guys near you to assist or provide advice.

9. Me_n_my_z

Me_n_my_z Veteran Member

Ive saved a bunch of these over my lifetime. i worked at a Corvette restoration shop when i was a kid. Just wasn't never really a fan of them. Always loved the f body cars.

Ive just never really gelt that when it comes to frame rails and floors rotted out that its worth the time, effort, energy and money to save.

But the way the market is now im guessing things have changed.

Ill see it Thursday and go from there.