1973 Z28 Restoration "Lilith"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Jerry73Z28, Apr 19, 2019.

1. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

That's easy. The 1973 paint code 64 is one of the nicest colors with black stripes.

2. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 Member

Not a tough choice at all!
    Going to the original silver and black.

Got some more work done on Saturday, more sandblasting the interior, I should say.
    Didn't get pics, the temperature dropped fast in the afternoon and the wind came up, got cleaned up and put away as fast as I could.
    Not much change to show anyway, just a lot more rust-free metal on the left side.

3. tjmugg

tjmugg New Member

Best of luck with this project. Your lucky to have your Dad with his knowledge to enjoy it with.

4. 70RamAirIII

70RamAirIII Pontiac-aholic

looking good!

5. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 Member

Thank you!
    Such a long way to go, it's discouraging sometimes. Especially only being able to work on her 1 day a week. Been wracking my brain trying to find more time without taking time off work. Tough when it's after dark already when I get home from work, and I like to actually spend 1 day a week with my wife (Sunday).
    Maybe with the holidays coming up I'll be able to squeeze in a few extra days.

6. 70RamAirIII

70RamAirIII Pontiac-aholic

Try to not get disheartened.
    I'm one year your junior;
    I don't have the history with my car that you do with yours, but like yours, right now, mine is a more "off" than "on" restoration...
    I'm blaming (joking, but not) the fact that I have a two and four year old, and quite frankly, I often would rather spend time with my family than being out in the garage...
    Like you, my project is moving... but it seems as though my pace is a bit more "glacial" than yours ;)

IMG_5026s.jpg

7. DLY

DLY New Member

Sat and read your entire thread! Am so excited for you. I wish I had my Camaro I had in high school, but the one I'm building will have to do. You are making great progress! I'll continue to follow your build, and wish you the best of luck. Savor this time with your father!