1978 Camaro Restoration

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by CDesperado, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cpofraser

cpofraser New Member

Thats the most badass hunk of junk ive ever seen.

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL, I needed that laugh.

So... there has been progress made, but she is mainly just sitting under a car cover at the moment. I had a business problem about a year ago that caused some troubles.

But... I'm a glass half-full kind of guy. And the good news is, my company is about to launch a new software tool that we've spent the last two years or so building. I am trying to finalize the legal stuff, and patent stuff, and tie off loose ends... but we are very, very close. I've literally been working 70-80 hours a week for the past several months, trying to get things tied off so we can go to market.

I'll pull her out tomorrow morning and take some more recent pictures. All I really need to do is have the seats upholstered and take it for a final paint buff and I'm done.... money is just a little tight at the moment.

I did drive it around the block twice... using a bunch of pillows for a redneck seat!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. dirtdobber78

dirtdobber78 Veteran Member

Well we are rooting for you...hope things go well and that you can get back on track.

4. 57Plymouth

57Plymouth Veteran Member

I figured you had given up and crushed the car to make room for a Pinto wagon.

5. FunBobby

FunBobby Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good luck with everything! I know where you're coming from....1)because I know life does take some unexpected turns, and 2) because I've spent my entire adult life in software development :)

It will get there!

6. CDesperado

Well, it's been a minute but I am finally getting back to the car. I just noticed my last update was March 2016. So... here we are, three years later with nearly the same post.

Yesterday I talked with a local shop who will be doing my seats and talking to the body shop to get a final buff done on the paint job. I don't have firm dates yet, but based on the initial conversations I think it will be happening soon.

I mainly just need to put the interior together at this point. I spent all last weekend getting the parts organized, so once I get it back from the shop I think things will go fairly quickly. I really want to drive this car again!

7. DBS

DBS Veteran Member

Good to hear. It will be worth the wait

8. CDesperado

Just a minor update since I dont have pictures yet, but the car is back at the paint shop getting it's final buff. And I am dropping off the seats at the interior shop tomorrow or Friday. If everything goes well (and the current timeframe estimates stay reasonably accurate), I may actually have this car in semi-driveable condition in 2-3 weeks!

I'll post up pics eventually :)

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Can wait to see pics man!

10. M Patrick

M Patrick New Member

Look forward to seeing the photos, great story!