1978 Camaro Restoration

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by CDesperado, Mar 16, 2012.

1. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I originally intended to go with the perforated vinyl, but since other elements of the interior are not stock I decided to upgrade the headliner material. I used Alcantara, which is basically synthetic suede. I'm using the same material (but a different color) for the insets on my seats. I will take some pics of the headliner when I get home tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning. Stock Interiors has a wide range of the perforated vinyl in a lot of colors, so if you want to go that route, definitely take a look at their website.

I've been focusing on the subwoofer box for the last week because I dont have a lot else to do at the moment. It is a royal pain, but I am almost done with the basic build and I am pretty eager to hear it thump.

FunBobby likes this.
  2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well, if it would stop raining and drizzling here, I think I am ready to take my car out for a test drive, then get it formally inspected. Since I am pretty much stuck working on projects that I can do from inside the garage, I will post a few teaser pics of some things I finished this summer.

Firstly, I am most proud of my custom subwoofer box. This took forever to design and build. I might create a dedicated How To post in the audio forum on this. This is a 10" JL Audio sub.
    [​IMG]

I am pretty happy with how this turned out, especially considering this is the first subwoofer box I have ever built. It was incredibly tricky to build!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One shot from the assembly process... This is why you can never have too many clamps.
    [​IMG]

Blu-By-U 79Z likes this.
  3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks great man