Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Mike_, Jan 14, 2019.
Very nice work! Looks like a lot of fun.
Did you figure out why the oil pressure was so high?
Good progress over the last 2 weeks. We got the engine back in and started to wrap up everything else on our list.
We'll be hosting a live stream of the race this weekend: https://www.facebook.com/BeerMoneyRaceTeam/
T-Tops! I put vinyl on the roof to look like we have them.
Engine back in!
Added the hood thingy - Or whatever it's called
The car still had the original rear glass. I was able to use some cleaner steel wool to clean it up.
"The Silver Bullet!" Our oil breather is awesome!
Running air ducts
Had to get creative to mount mirrors.
Ducts run, with some help of some 4in PVC pipe.
Flares gives the car Flair!
Camber and Caster check.
Rocket booster fuel.
You can't be a racecar without stickers.
Gave the car some blinders.
More camber and caster adjustments.
2 days until we go to Road America. Changing oil, and going over the list.
Installed the FiTech EFI. Did some programming and ran it for a while to learn.
Have thought about using a K & N filter top to get more airflow.Nice work on your car.
Pretty dang cool build!
We made it to Road America! But ended up having quit early with en engine issue. We had fun, but with we finished the race.
In the 11th hour before we packed the car into the trailer we could not get our FiTech to run for over 3 minutes. We called the tech support and they said we had to run a factory distributor. My follow up was if that isn't the problem, what would be our next course of action because they closed in 5 minutes. He confidently said, that will fix it and said good bye. We did that, and it didn't fix the issue. We had to go to a backup carburetor. NOT PLEASED WITH FITECH right now...
Had to get our company and game logo's on the car!
Loaded onto the trailer late on Wednesday night.
Dan taking the car down to inspection.
I didn't know the clutch didn't have a stop. I bent the fork right out of it on my second lap of practice.
Raceday, the first 90 minutes were awesome, then we started to run out of gas. We filled it up and we should have had 4 gallons still in the tank. So we have a pickup issue. The 2nd driver only got to drive for about 30 more minutes before the car started to run really bad. We pulled it behind pit wall and found out plug #2 was in bad shape.
To our surprise, piston 2 looked fine. So we kept digging.
We drained the fluids and they looked ok, but on the top of the engine it looked a bit off. But once we pulled off the other head we found our blow by issue.
Piston #5 is missing a little bit off the top...
My #6 did that too. I had the ring gap too tight.
We got our video uploaded. The audio isn't the greatest and our driver is being very nice to the car. But without pushing hard he was getting under 3 minute laps at Road America. Anything under 3 is considered a good car in our series.
Quick update* We won 1st place in our class in our last race at Gingerman Raceway.
I moved this post to the Racing area since this project is technically done. From here on out it will just be fixing & upgrades