1978 Z28- Seee Ya!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 8pack, Mar 8, 2014.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. 8pack

Based on the issues outlined in the cross post above I replaced my relays with heavy duty Hella waterproof relay set up.. They are much more robust than what I had before. I also wrapped them in insulation and moved them to a cooler spot in the engine bay.

IMG_20191018_081520.jpg

3. 8pack

4. 8pack

Here is my gauge cluster with new Speed but Gauges......this is the mock up fitting. Tommorow there will be a Carbon Fiber face laminated on with 3M super sticky super thin double sided adhesive. The same stuff used to assemble cell phones.

I used my favorite trick of filling the pores of the wood with super glue and then sanding super smooth with 150 grit to ensure strong adhesion.

Green =Coolant
    Red = Fuel Pressure
    Blue = Oil Pressure

During the day the letters are the colors above but a little hard to see in the pics. they should "pop" more with the black background.

Now if I could only find someone to 3D print it I could make it available to anyone with a 5th Gen console.

Day time

IMG_20191103_100644.jpg

Night time
    IMG_20191103_100637.jpg

Driver's view more or less
    IMG_20191103_101335.jpg
    Now off on a drive to see if I can get a good log file if my fuel injection going lean on a down hill run to send to Holley or EFI System Pro. Not sure if I can get the temp above 160* today to get it into learn mode...