1979' Camaro Z-28, Matching number 350 engine, 4 speed Borg Warner, Factory T-Tops, partialy resto

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by blknblu, Jan 12, 2020.

1. blknblu

blknblu New Member

How do I even start. I want to sell my beloved 1979' Z-28. And I want her to go to some one that will love her as much as I do. I bought her used in, oh god, 1984?, when I was 17. She had 35,000 miles on her at the time of purchase. Was driving down the road in Seattle Washington in a van one day with my girlfriend and she saw it. She creamed her pants over it and I knew I had to buy her. 4 speed stick clutch was fried and she barely moved but I still bought her. Got my newly married mother in law to buy me a new clutch saying I'd pay her back - never did. Ya, I was a dick kid at 17... Been pulled over many times, arrested, Laid, Drunk sleeping, and about everything else you can say about a car like that in my day. Lots of memories. She hasn't rolled on the streets for 20 or so years. Can't believe I'm doing this. I just know I'm never going to finish her. I just don't have the time. And honestly, I just don't want to. And that's how I know its time for her to move on to someone that will love her like I used to. She's matching numbers engine. I rebuilt her 5 years ago with a mild camn and roller rockers to California standards. Never fired her up though. Complete exhaust system too with a catalytic converter. All new California crap. Interior is done. New seats, dash, headliner etc... Tons of new parts waiting for install and all from Classic Camaros. Over easily $10k in parts. I'm in the Seattle area and tired of crying over my old girl. She deserves someone better. You guys know how easy it is to spend that. Ya, I did. And you wont have to. Call me

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

Wow. I just logged on & read this. Amazing how these cars attach themselves to our souls. A great & sad story all at the same time. I hope you find the right owner for her. GLWTS

blknblu likes this.
  3. blknblu

blknblu New Member

Oh, forgot to mention. She's been garaged all these years too. No rust. No hood though or lower front spoilers either. At the time I liked the 78' rake and no speed bump problem. I have all the new rubber pieces for the factory T-Tops too, and doors. Frame off resto (not rotiserie) with poly urethane bushings. Complete front end rebuild on the drive train with poly too and shock absorbers upgraded.

4. blknblu

blknblu New Member

The VIN tag indicates she's actually a 78' that was converted to a 79' Z-28 in late production. Probably one of the first 79' Z-28's made. I found that was true when rebuilding the dash. She had many 78' type parts in there. Like extension bars for the 78's different dash. They were still in there. But I have to Be honest, I probably ruined any chance of that when I rebuilt her as I used 79' type parts and took out the heater core. Didn't cut anything, just deleted the heater core. I remember being in there, like, whats this piece for?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020