1979 z28 convertible

Discussion in 'Camaro Collectibles' started by Pence, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Pence

Pence New Member

We have a 1979 z28 convertible. It is stamped on door with a plate number 34. All inside is all original. We have replaced the soft top and had exterior painted with original colour.
    It is a beautiful car, but sadly we don’t drive it much and have it in storage.
    We are wanting to sell it. Have done some research ( see pictures below). We have been told rare as has plate stamped. Any help would be appreciated on value. We are located Vancouver canada

Attached Files:

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Hace you checked with the Vancouver Camaro club.They should be able to help you.

3. Pence

Pence New Member

Thank you. We will check there also. Just wondering if anyone here New the value of his car. Thank you for your reply

4. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think the trick here is that you have a survivor car (which is worth a lot)... and a custom convertible that is legitimately stamped, which I think would speak to a very particular buyer.

Can you post pics of the engine bay and interior? It looks like it is in great condition. How many miles are on it?

5. Pence

Pence New Member

Thanks. Will post pictures soon. We did some research and only so many were done and stamped and have heard not many stamped ones are on the road still. We used to drive it through the summer a at times but last 2 years it hasn’t been out much and is in closed garage. Hoping someone else could enjoy it.

6. maverickmk

maverickmk New Member

This is from Hagerty's site. Given that this is 1 of 200, I think it would be in the neighborhood of $30,000.00 USD.
    But, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Sorry I'm not much more help. Good luck with the sale, very cool car.

Current Values
    • #1 Concours$15,000
      Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
    • #2 Excellent$11,000
    • #3 Good$7,900
    • #4 Fair$5,700
    Value Adjustments
    +10% for RS. +15% for 4-spd (exc Z/28). +10% for t-tops. -30% for 6-cyl.

7. Dan McClory

Dan McClory New Member

Hi, I live in Ontario Canada. In 2015 I bought a beautiful 1978 Z out of Dallas. It only had 21,000 original miles on it. 4 speed with air and PW. I paid $12,000 USD for it. I drove it from Dallas home. I would like to know more about your car, pictures from under the hood and the interior. I don't want to bust your ballon but unfortunately the 2nd gen camaros aren't worth what they should be in my opinion. Please send more pictures, Thanks Dan