1LE spindles

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 79T/Aman, Aug 27, 2019.

1. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Another key point, I think my title may confuse people into thinking and questioning why the 1LE brakes? it's not just made for that

There is currently nothing available on the market that compare, the other two styles available are
    *Drop spindles, too many negatives, they cause interference between the outer tie rod and the rim (unless you run shallow back space, fine for drag cars) increased scrub radius, lowers roll center, no steering improvements.
    * C5 hub style, expensive hubs, no steering stops, no steering improvements.

-This is a NEW spindle with STEERING improvements first and foremost.
    -Making them to accept the GM 12" rotor was made to fit circle track racing rules as well as providing an easy brake upgrade for those on a budget.
    -these spindles are fully compatible with aftermarket brake kits currently on the market that is the beauty of it AND you have better/improved steering as well as serviceable bearings that can handle the loads that sealed hubs can't

sandiego74, rburrow87 and badazz81z28 like this.
  2. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

Should probably eBay my b-body ones before the market drops out when the new generation comes out lol.

Nice design and target market!

3. Jeep43

Jeep43 Veteran Member

That being said, how do these stack up against B-body spindles? I don't know enough about the GM parts to determine the difference based on your specs you listed.

4. 79T/Aman

20% stronger than stock GM B-body
    5% faster steering.
    Improved Akarman angle.

5. Fme

Fme Member

When will these become available?

6. 79T/Aman

Such perfect timing, I received a call just yesterday, the manufacturer is finishing the machining on the circle track version and ours are being machined next week, I will be picking up the pallet on November 14th ( the manufacturer is in IL and I have a trip planed there )
    We are taking orders on them and shipping out third week of November.

7. 79T/Aman

10 days away from picking these up, spoke to the manufacturer this past weekend, they will have 5 sets of the 8* KPI spindles done as well for me, these are the 5 preliminary sets at 8* KPI, all the others are standard 10*
    Please note that the 8* KPI spindles will widen the front track by 1/8" per side.

We will also start to offer a spindle and 12" brake kit with Solid face rotors, Wilwood calipers, street performance pads and SS brake lines starting at $979.00. (picture is for marketing purpose, drilled rotors have not yet been sourced )

011.JPG

rburrow87 likes this.