1st time driving her.............

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by WiggyB31, Sep 21, 2019.

1. WiggyB31

WiggyB31 Member

FINALLY......... got to take it for a quick spin. Wanted to take her to the gas station but didn't quite make it. At first couldn't even get it out the driveway (1st 2 pictures).

1/2 way there the exhaust started popping so i turned around to try and take it back home. Then one last loud pop and then it just cut off. Tried to start it back up nothing so i pulled over to take a look and saw this mess( next 3 pictures). I'm not a welder so i did a garage hookup but will be going to a shop next week to get it done right. LoL

So the wife comes out I take her jeep go back home to get the jack and some tools. Get back together and start to head home. Get in the neighborhood and it runs out of gas (hence me trying to go there). Head to advanced get a gas can get gas and finally make it back home. May not seem like much to some but I have had this car since February and it was my first time driving it. It was AWSOME.......but still work to do.
    1st time driving.jpg Cutting it closse.jpg exhaust1.jpg exhaust2.jpg exhaust3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    riderwestslope likes this.
  2. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice car and great attitude. Sounds like it might make attempt this weekend.
    GL and thanks for sharing.

AllensaurusRex and WiggyB31 like this.
  3. WiggyB31

WiggyB31 Member

Thanks........ I was starting to get frustrated but one quick drive even with the issues changed all of that. Motivated all over again.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

That has to be a great feeling.
    Love the side pipes! I think that is one of the coolest looks for our cars. Did you make the header to side pipe transition or were you lucky enough to find a kit for our cars?

WiggyB31 likes this.
  5. WiggyB31

WiggyB31 Member

Actually I brought the side pipes and mounting kit from summit. Of course it didn't fit directly so a lot of fabrications was done but it worked out great.

6. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice car! Bugs happen, at least it wasn't a major part that dropped down. I had a 71 SS that the sub frame was broke/rusted and the trans cross member broke off it once. Haha

WiggyB31 likes this.