2.5 Exhaust Sysytem.... what to buy?

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Michaels, Oct 16, 2019.

1. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

I used the Pypes 2 1/2 inch kit with X pipe and it was an excellent fit and easy to install. Part no. SGF11 with Spin Tech mufflers, good ground clearance with 3'' thick mufflers . I agree with using the band clamps.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I used the pypes 2.5 with race pro mufflers, and used band clamps for the tail pipes which I am thinking of getting rid of and just dumping in front of the rear end. I am thinking of adding some supports at the forward end vice letting all that weight hang on the headers (Hedman recommends forward supports). The rear hangers I currently have some 3/8 bolts through the floor behind the rear seat lowers, heads just tack welded to floor. Ace hardware in their Hillman fastener lines has some nice assortment of weld studs to use also, wish I had seen them prior to just tack welding bolts in. Makes it easier to hang without someone in the car to hold the bolt head. If your ace hardware carries the Hillman fastener display, I highly recommend looking through all they have, I found all kinds of nice fasteners and other assorted products that come in hand on a car.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  3. Spoffie

Spoffie New Member

It's not that MagnaFlow has lost interest, or stopped R&D, it's that the state of California has their boot on their neck. All CA based exhaust manufacturers including Flowmaster have given up on marketing non-catted systems that fit post-'75 vehicles. Being PA based, Pypes is the only one left in that game. An F-Body MagnaFlow will fit, they just won't tell you it will in fear of fines.
    https://classicmusclecarexhaust.com/c/quick-search/general-motors/f-body/magnaflow

John Wright likes this.