2014 Camaro's winning Car Shows?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevrolaine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Whaddafuq is wrong with people??!:screwup: :confused:
    I seriously should have left the 72 at home today, and instead just have taken a test drive in a new Camaro and entered it in the show I was at. 2 of em won Top 30 awards. Bone stock cars. I like em and all, but.....

Somebody slap my arse if I say I'm going to a Car Show again.:whine: :crazy:

2. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Quit car shows years ago. There is a car meet that is local sorts depending where in the Houston area you live that is still nice but not sure if "awards" are given but to get into the parking/dislpay area your vehicle has to be pre 1979.
    Getting a award for driving a stock camaro/challenger/mustang/camry or whatever is BS.

3. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

F car shows...I only participate cruise ins

4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

One of the reasons I don't go, about the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. That's about as stupid as having the car show at the dealership with the new cars, durrr.:screwup:
    There are many more reasons ranging from pouting dolls to third grade mentality among 60 plus year old men voting for each other. I've felt bad about a guy with a top notch self built car not get acknowledged against some clown with a carnie-turd car time and time again.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

I never go to shows expecting to win. Never have won, probably never will. I enjoy seeing the other cars and folks appreciating mine. Don't need no steenkin' trophy to make it fun!:crazy:

6. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

One reason I never enter

7. z28dug

z28dug Veteran Member

+1 or you enter a class and end up competing against cars that clearly do not belong in your class....remember entering an event with my 89 IROC, the class was something like mildly modified, you were allowed 3 modifications from stock...I was pretty surprised to be competing against another 89 IROC with a complete LS1 conversion.......

I only go now to spectate and not participate................

8. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

People bring brand new Challengers and Corvettes and Mustangs , right off the showroom floor and enter them in car show s :screwup: .....low class morons.

This really disturbs me , so I don't go anymore to even look . Maybe one stupid person would do this years ago , now everybody thinks it's the thing to do ....screw them ...I'm not wasting my time looking at their Mexican build Dodges.

I like to admire anything people have built , restored , hotrodded ...old classics , unrestored fine too.

But if I want to see NEW cars ....I can just go to a dealer s lot or showroom. ...or drive though the mall parking lot .

Idiots .....people who bring their brand new cars and enter them in car shows

More idiots ......judges who give the above idiots any recognition for doing so.

A 2014 Challenger is NOT a classic car , it's a reissue of a car made 45 years ago .....it's a fake IMO ......go buy the real thing if you want to be in car show s and impress serious car people.

9. smithcr1981

smithcr1981 Member

A 2014 Challenger is NOT a classic car , it's a reissue of a car made 45 years ago .....it's a fake IMO ......go buy the real thing if you want to be in car show s and impress serious car people.[/QUOTE]

this thread is already getting crazy. what is the difference if you are into old cars or new cars, the point is you are into cars. this attitude is the reason a lot of younger guys, 20 to 30 yrs old think all the car show guys are a bunch of cranky old men. this sounds as dumb as my old motorcycle pals claiming they were more of a real Harley rider than someone else because they stopped at certain places or did certain things. just for perspective. im 33 yrs old, have owned 2 different Harley and currently own a 73 z28 done to day two standards. I have some friends who own classics and some who own modern muscle. not all old stuff is cool, imho, and not all new stuff is. it just depends what your into.

also, please define what a serious car person is please. maybe I am not serious enough to speak on the subject or even own the car myself. I hope serious car people are not offended by my post!!!

10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

It's a 5 dollar plastic trophy .