468 79 Z28

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by legierk, Jun 11, 2014.

1. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Just got this email!
    [​IMG]

2. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Well thats good, wont need to fool with the carb!!

3. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Pretty irritated. Summit pushed back the shipping date of the FiTech Fuel Command Center from 5/9 to 5/16. So this weekend I will put the carb back on. Won't take but about an hour.

4. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Carb back on. Took about 1.5 hrs. No big deal. Running pretty good. Brake bias needs some work. Fronts aren't grabbing like I think they should. Could go 1 jet size leaner on main jets to get cruise AFR to about 14.5 or so. Now its at 13.7-14.0. Also, exhaust leak somewhere. Will investigate. Maybe a few photos tomorrow.

5. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

I promised a few photos. I am not a photographer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran good with carb. Will back down one size on the nozzles (accelerator pump shooters) to alleviate puff of black smoke upon acceleration. Brakes getting close to being dialed in. Minor exhaust leak at headers. Will change gaskets and see if that helps. Otherwise, ready for Power Tour. Now, let's see if FiTech can get their act together in time for me to do the tour with EFI.

6. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Changed header gaskets. Tightened all exhaust bolts. Got a door ding. Painted it with a small brush already. Knob broke off SSBC proportioning valve. Can't adjust it anymore even with pliers. Waxed parts of the car....made it look splotchy. Hmmmm. Maybe things will get better.

7. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Got everything ready to install FCC as soon as it arrives tomorrow. Spent about 1 1/2 hrs fixing leak at oil pressure sending unit. Hey, at least it doesn't appear to be the rear main seal like I initially thought. Hope I fixed it.

Shouldn't take long to install FCC tomorrow and get her running. I guessing 1 hour. Mounting the thing will take longest, assuming I don't have the trouble most are having with the quick connect fittings. I just posted over on the http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-...sharing-ideas-settings-etc-9.html#post8865737 forum to ask for an assist on tuning (assuming it will be needed.) They are very active with the FiTech stuff over there.

If all goes well, intend on going to a muffler shop on Sat morning to have exhaust welded up. Called around, think I found the best shop. Finally, if THAT goes well, I can go to the cruise in Sat night. We'll see how all this goes.

8. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Got the FCC installed and car running. Still need to do some tuning on the idle circuit. Otherwise, cruise response is pretty good.

Headed to have exhaust welded up in the morning.

9. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wow, that's nice!!

Great job.

10. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

That Chevelle site is WAYYYY more active than over here. Looks like you are getting lots of good input on that FI settup of yours.

Im going to have to check out more of that site I may get more help over there.