5.3 swap knock code

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by greencamaro1981, Apr 26, 2018.

1. greencamaro1981

greencamaro1981 Veteran Member

I have my 5.3 swap in and running great!!!!, I throw a code p0327 or p0332 i have thrown both of them a few times. they are knock sensor codes for front and rear low voltage. in the swap i replaced them with generics, and also a new pigtail. I am hoping that buying real GM sensors and GM wiring will fix the issue but has anyone seen this before?

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Pretty basic....the ECM is telling you there is an issue. Either you have a wiring problem or a bad sensor. The ecm throwing codes for all sorts of issue is common when something is wrong.

Make sure all the connection are good and properly connected and that the sensors are installed properly.

When you say generic....EBay $3 special or an off brand from Autozone?

3. greencamaro1981

greencamaro1981 Veteran Member

they were the knock off from oreilly, the 25 or 30 bucks each, found a service guy that tested them with his sine AC meter, and neither reported correct, he said he sees this all the time. the one thing to only buy at the dealer always! I lucked out and he gave me a set uf lightly used ones for free, and a new harness. got them in and it hasn't thrown a code since!!! so GM only and always on knock sensors!! i also discovered that my SEN-4160 Dakota digital sensor was wired backward VSS low is ground for reference, green is black and purple is gray. and while I had the intake off i cleaned out the throttle body and now it runs so well its a whole new car!

4. Madmike72

Madmike72 Veteran Member

Nice job. I'll only use gm sensors. It's a little more money but worth it for sure.

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Most aftermarket electronic parts are a crap shoot these days.