5K mile 73 Z at BJ

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bodymanbill, Jan 16, 2020.

1. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

A couple more early 2nd gens late in the day Thursday. One looked mostly stock, other with LS power and mods. Both just a bit over $50,000. Seems to be some interest in the second gens of late. Lots of money spent for a Thursday sale day.

2. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

I get what you're saying I'm just curious how you "know" this car should not have power windows and when power windows became available for the '73's.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad to see the price of our cars up there. I did see a chrome bumper that went for what I thought was real low though, I guess it may have been cobbled together and you could see it. Two questions; where did all those old 3100 pickups come from, and what about the girl(s) that put "sold" sticker on the windshield?

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

They seem to be going out of their way to get the hottest "sold sticker" girls they can find.

carr911 likes this.
  5. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

I guess I don't know for sure because I can't find the info on the production dates. I have always been told it was a later production cars that got PW. This car in question was built in Dec 72. Maybe I shouldn't assume without have documents to back it up.

6. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

That driver's seat on that low mileage 73 sure looks to be well sat-on for a 4700 mile car!

7. zzzzz28

zzzzz28 Veteran Member

That's because the mileage is a quarter mile at a time. Although, it is a nice car..... saw it up close last weekend at BJ's.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I just don’t how you prove it. I’m very skeptic about any car that old with super low miles. A low mileage car with less then 10k miles should not only be 100% original but still looks new. Heck I have seen modern cars with 20k, 30k, 40k miles and the cars still look new.

You can easily manipulate miles on these older cars.

tom3 likes this.