Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by DBS, Apr 21, 2015.

1. DBS

DBS Veteran Member

Osborne your progress thread was the first thing i looked at when i joined nasty. very nice car. and i hope the camaro gets a little better mpg than a 2500hd hahaha if not something wrong.

2. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks! Lol, my thoughts exactly. I know mine will be a little worse than most as I am running a 4L80E instead of the 4L60E. And right now I have the stock truck converter in it which needs to go!

I will check it here soon when I finish the interior and actually start driving it.

3. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

On the highway at a consistent 65 mph, i get 25 to the gallon... I can barely use 6th gear though with 3.42's, really lugging it until 75ish. And anyone who buys these cars know right off the bat you'll never get what you bought or put into it, so its really a moot point.lol

Moral of the story-
    It. Is. Awesome.

4. DBS

DBS Veteran Member

are you talking about torque converter, i havent thought about that. what difference will that make if im leaving it stock?

5. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, the torque converter. Stock it will be fine. Mine drives fine and everything feels normal. The stock 4L80E 4wd truck converter weighs something stupid like 80 lbs, and was designed to be in a 7500 lb truck. A new converter would gain a decent amount of performance.