6485241 70-72 air cleaner sticker placement

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Aug 22, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

When I did my engine compartment in 93,this sticker wasn't available/couldn't get-they kept sending me l-48 sticker so I gave up,I never put one back on,lost my cheat note with measurement of old one.
    I did search-that's what gave me the correct number [Thanks COPO] I just received it-can someone give me a measurement from the snorkel back and from top lip down on placement. I know it not precise but I'd like to get it in the ball park,Charlies 1,100 mile car didn't have much for pics on drivers side,alot on pass side.If there were air cleaner pics I missed them-Thanks in advance-Later Steve!!

2. 72'z'steve

Found a completed listing on e-bay for a mostly original 72 'z' that needs restore.Has a nice pic of the sticker even goes a little uphill by the assembly line installer.I'm too dumb to post a link,but its a white 4 speed car. There is also a yellow 72 like mine beat bad that sold for 18k,Are these cars in that condition really going for 18-19k??? I talked with the worden,I took tons of pics back in 93 but they are on a floppy!!!! She had one of those brick sized camaras then that you put a floppy in.I guess new computers don't have a floppy slot---Later Steve!!

3. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What type of "floppy". You can probably get the pics off and store them in a new media.
    My car didn't have original air cleaner so no help for that.
    If not sure on what of floppy take a pic and post.

4. 72'z'steve

The worden says she has it locked up with the title,protect-o-plate important papers in the safe,I'll have her get it out this weekend and see what she can do It will be fun to go thru the title history file and the other of receipts/etc for prices!-I'm going on her "technical advice",I'm technically challenged by choice,I do remember its a square black floppy "disc"??
    Take a peek at e-bay under completed items for 1972 Camaro in cars,you can see the two I wrote about,Not many 72 z's around.The yellow one is a bomb,the white one isn't that bad-Later Steve!!

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I took my orig off and placed the new one where the old one was.
    IMG_3039.JPG IMG_3040.JPG IMG_3042.JPG

70lt1z28 likes this.
  6. 72'z'steve

Thanks Mark,I was hoping you'd chime in! I looked had at you album,I would have guessed about 2 1/4 from the snorkel attachment[not a bad guess] but I would rather have the measurement as I know you do a great job of documenting/replicating how things were/are.
    THANK YOU for taking the time to pull your air cleaner and take great pictures! I didn't post in the shout out to you post but you do a great job of helping us out here! It is appreciated!
    BTW,when you laid your down did you use soap water first so you could position it,or just mark it ad pop it down? I restored a bolens tractor and I ruined one sticker misplacing it and when I talked to supplier he let on the soapy water trick-wow did it work/help! Thanks again for taking the time-Steve!!

7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Remember, COPO's in Canada so those are metric inches!:rolleyes:

COPO to the rescue again!

mallard likes this.
  8. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

So are you saying he missed it by a country '1.6 kilometres'? :crazy:

9. COPO

Huh? Those are inches and I hate metric.

10. COPO

I never use soap or water. I just peel pack the backing on the left side since I'm right handed about 1/4-1/2" then carefully lay it down, then remove the backing slowly while keeping the air bubbles out with your fingers, then when it's all on I smooth it out with the waxy backing. You could use painters tape for your vertical and horizontal guide lines.

Retook this pic since I had my finger on the 2" mark.
    IMG_3044.JPG

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019