71 SS 350

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Bbcngineer, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. Bbcngineer

Bbcngineer New Member

Guys,
    I bought this car in need of a complete interior. The trim tag is 777 which decodes as Sandlewood standard. The interior is almost white. I always thought Sandlewood was tan. Anyway on craigslist there is for sale a complete brand new black standard interior for an 81 Camaro. Will any of the door panels, seat covers etc fit in my 71?

Kevin

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Perhaps you're thinking of Saddle. My original 71 interior is dark saddle and it's a dark tan. I can see pieces of it through the crappy black paint job the previous owner did, LOL.
    The 81 standard seat covers may fit if your seats have the round top. But you'd also have to get the vinyl back and foot cap for the backside of the seat.
    Door panels not so much. 81 is very different from 71. You'd probably have to drill different holes in your door. However, you could MAKE them work.
    http://www.nastyz28.com/2gcog/doorpanel.html
    http://www.nastyz28.com/faq/interior.htm#trimtype

3. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, Sandlewood is a light tan color, similar to the color of sand. If yours is original I'm sure it's become very faded over the years. Saddle interior is darker, more like a dark tan color.

As for the 81 interior fitting in a 71... I'd be surprised if it worked