72 new tko, hydraulic or mechanical clutch with long tube headers?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by biggrass, Aug 23, 2019.

1. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

I have a small block, Hedman headers and a manual clutch setup with my TKO. I have used a 621 Bell and I now have the quicktime both super easy and compatible.

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

I'm with you on that. If you can recommend a good one, I will research and consider it. Would love to have less linkage and wear points.

3. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

with aftermarket it's not really a purely bolt-in "system" per-se. You put it together yourself essentially. Start with the bracket and built it from there. I used the Tilton 6000 series bearing which works great. The bracket set-up I am using mounts 3 masters where the stock brake master goes - two for the brakes and one for the clutch. But if I was running stock brakes I would just pick up a bracket from DSE or speedtech or whoever makes one for a stock pedal 2nd gen set-up. Then you pick your master to match the bearing you are using and set-up the linkage accordingly. Linkage is not hard - standard rod end pushrod type set-up which is completely adjustable for pedal location. Then you build a clutch stop per the recommendations of the bearing mfg. It's actually very simple once you get into it.