73 RS track/street car project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by camcojb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. camcojb

camcojb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2000
    Wilton, Ca. USA
    well, after several years I'm finally back into a second gen. Have had four 70-73's previously, but this should be the coolest one. Plan is for a lower dollar project that I can take to track events and also take to Power Tour, local cruises, and enjoy on the street. I have a budget goal of $30K max, we'll see if I can pull it off. Once I start on it I'll keep track of every dollar spent and include it in the build thread.

To start, I bought a 73 that had already had the rust issues repaired. New front fenders and inner fenderwheels, and new radiator support. Has a DSE minitub kit and quadralink out back, with a custom made C6 front clip and all new C6 a-arms, spindles, and hubs. Cage is in, subframe connectors welded through floor, 9" installed. I also have a complete LQ9 with CNC LS3 heads and custom cam, new LS3 intake, billet rails, and like new 90mm DBW throttle body. Bought a new GM front drive, have a Vette oil pan and an ATS pan to choose from. Coils, computer, starter, etc. also are here. Bought a 2000 mile T56 trans from a friend. Total investment for the car/engine/trans with shipping the car to me is about $11500. So I have almost $20K left to finish the car.

Anyway, I'll post up some pics of the car as-is in a few days, need to clear out some friends projects here at my house first. Here are a couple renderings I had done of what I hope the car ends up looking like. The stripes will be flat carbon fiber assuming the Anvil parts fit in my budget. Otherwise they'll be flat black. I want the car to be a metallic silver or grey with flat clear, but not sure I'm brave enough to do that, so I also had a rendering done in gloss silver which is my safe choice.

Here's the flat rendering by Ben Hermance:

[​IMG]

Here's one done in gloss silver by Carter Hickman:

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Silverblue75

Silverblue75 Veteran Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Amarillo Texas
    what do you have left to finish? what does it look like now?

3. Twilight Cruiser

Twilight Cruiser Veteran Member

Dec 17, 2001
    the Netherlands
    Wow cool renderings. If you get the looks anything near these, you will have one of the best looking 2gens!
    Can't wait to see it in real.

4. camcojb

Jan 10, 2000
    Wilton, Ca. USA
    a lot............. :) it's just a rolling shell with a chassis under it. I have some C6 Z51 brakes coming, donated by Mark Stielow. Major items I need are coil overs, wheels/tires, couple seats, dash, wiring, glass, etc. Tons to do but I think I can pull it off for my budget. I may be painting it myself, depending on budget.

Jody

5. camcojb

Jan 10, 2000
    Wilton, Ca. USA
    thanks!

Jody