73 wiring questions

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by TStodard, Jan 30, 2017.

1. TStodard

TStodard New Member

Jan 16, 2017
    IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2192.JPG IMG_2194.JPG IMG_2196.JPG IMG_2197.JPG Hey guys. I'm looking at my old wiring harness that was pulled to get the car painted and it looks surprisingly good. I do have some questions on where a few wires go though. I figured I'd start a thread and add to it as I come across the problems.

Starting with under the hood.

1: my fancy new RS lights have a nice clip on them, but it doesn't fit the factory wiring. Is there an aftermarket pigtail or something I can buy to connect them?

2: I have a black and a yellow wire which were connected that look like they will run to my distributor, but the connector is wrong. It's a Mallory unit and has 3 spots to connect wires, ground, battery, and coil. Do I just put the right clip on the those and hook it to the "coil" tab? Where should I get the power and ground from?

3: the wiring kept most of its form even though it was wound up in a box. I'm assuming these wires I posted pics of go to the parts they are photographed next too. I have a chilton manual, but I'm just double checking every move here. The motor and transmission should be dropped in tomorrow I'm trying to get all the wiring in order to make it a bit easier.

Plenty more questions coming. Hope these aren't too annoying :)

2. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    Is that mallory distributor like an HEI or does it use a seperate coil? I think that black and yellow wire used to go to a seperate coil.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017