74 Owners

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by Steve's 74, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimhatz28

jimhatz28 New Member

JimHatZ28

I still have the interlock on my car. It just had a total frame off restoration from the ground up. It came with HEI, which I think was on the 741/2. I did pick up my car in mid September 1974.

The vent opening in the fender I never noticed. The stamp I'm not sure of. Metalic Bronze with the stripe option and front and back spoilers
    I am the original owner (although it was under my mom's name originally because I was only 17). VIN # 1Q87T4N246006

The car runs great. I removed the original motor and have it in storage. The 350 that's in there now is a similar high performance block. It pushes 450 HP with the original Borg Warner Super T10and original 3.73 POSI Traction rear end.

The interior is completely restored with a 800 watt stereo. 10 disk changer and amp mounted in the trunk. Two 6x9 Infinity speakers in the back and 2 small infinity speakers (side by side) in the front dash (center)

2. mssl72

mssl72 Veteran Member

3. 74BIBELOT

74BIBELOT Veteran Member

Hey JimHatz28, Welcome to the board!!.
    Sounds like you have a nice car, post up some pics!!!

4. hybrid

hybrid New Member

Another happy '74 owner

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to see a section devoted to the '74 camaro. :D I have pictures of my camaro on the gallery.

5. 74BIBELOT

74BIBELOT Veteran Member

Hi hybrid welcome to the site!!! That car looks super nice.
    There' re 74 Camaros around the world.

6. jimhatz28

jimhatz28 New Member

Thanks for welcoming me 74BIBELOT! I thought that I did post some pics. I will try again. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, JimHatZ28

7. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

It's been long time since I've been scrolling the pages of nastyZ28 :)) I first came here I think during 98.

here is my 74 Type LT and the progress report for the time being. I'll update photos on the FB during the project. U should check it whenever u want.

I also have a white 74 SportCoupe Z28 that sometimes u should see on the pictures. It is waiting for its turn.

http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=70002&id=543067832

Lookin' forward...

8. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

BTW replies to the pictures and descriptions are in are in Turkish :)Translation available upon request. :)

9. pauldowney

pauldowney New Member

My 74 LT

I bought my 1974 LT from the original owner, a 90 year old lady, back in Jan of 2009. It had been parks since 1995. She bought it 12/31/73 and it has the seat belt interlock and points ignition; oil change, cleaned the points and a little gas and the beautiful car fired right up. It did spit and sputter for a few minutes but has driven great ever since. It is a 350 2 bbl auto trans with console. Yellow with Black top and interior. I have enjoyed driving to cruise-ins and nice weekends. Long Live the Big Bumper Small Rear Window!

10. Steve's 74

Steve's 74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to the board. Great to hear from another proud 74 owner. Post some pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.