74 vega wagon right price so maybe...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by LayZ, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

That blue one is bad a$$

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

well a nomad wagon was a 2 door bel air wagon as opposed to the 4 door wagon . the vega was only offered in 2 door version so all the wagons were " nomads "

3. manifoldsrme

manifoldsrme Veteran Member

The 73 I built was just as much show car as it was drag car. Clean would be an insult. There was nothing wrong with it. Period. But the guy I sold it to (lost it in a divorce) thought that it needed to be "modernized", which to him meant a different rear end setup and who knows what else. He tore it apart, lost his job and last I heard he put it up in his barn in pieces with a fork lift and it still sits there, 20 years later. I want to kill him...........

Horrible picture but:
    [​IMG]

4. 79cam6.0

79cam6.0 Veteran Member

come to think of it, i remember seeing two gt models side by side at the junkyard last time i went. both white, one with a blue gt and stripe and the other with green. i remember them because at first glance i thought they were camaros.

5. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Well put my offer in see what he says. Told me he has been talking to four guys but no offers so I was the first one.

If it was driving I would have just picked it up, was hoping for more a driveable project.

Because of the transmission thing thou it would move time tables up dramaticly.

I would have to have the v8 vega kit and the transmission one so that's $1000 right there for just to be able to put a V8 and TH350 in it. Figured still better then rebuiling a 4 banger trans that I am going to take out anyway.

Then there is the 350 itself. which I have but I would need to get headers for it $250, plus the oil pan modifications and the suspension upgrades.

So before I even get it I'm looking at $3k in work to get it running right. This is even before the body work.
    Not looking for a drag car or a street killer, just a nice little street cruiser. L98 vette motor with TPIS mini ram. 240-300hp range. At least I found a home for my old vette motor. LOL

6. 1971SS

1971SS Veteran Member

what kit is going to cost $1000...?

7. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

To bad you live in NJ, if i can ever get this one pulled out of storage i am going to sell it for $4500 as it sits and put the money into one of my Camaros

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Now thats sounds good to me I Want it bad

9. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Actually it's a few, the v8mounts themselves, i'm sure there are engine mount ones to get, headers and the crossmember one plus the installation. from what I saw unless I read it wrong, there is some hacking and welding to get the headers to fit.Then there is the suspension upgrades to use the S10 front brakes, the actual s10 brakes, then pads etc, ball joints etc...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

How bout I just trade you a very nice ride and drive 92 Camaro for that Vega Denali?:cool: