75 Bumblebee LT4 Gen V swap

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by SPG, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Richard Schultz

Richard Schultz Veteran Member

I had two camaros 77,79.I ran 235/75r15 and 235/70r15.My nova I have two leaf springs.Running 205/75r14 on cragars wheels.This summer 235/75r15.I have 2 15" cragars.Stock width.Are your wheel offset too much?

2. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

275/60/15
    here are the rims I have product page doesn't mention offset
    Here is a picture of my rear suspension (I didn't do this)
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure that's not normal
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of the rear, we pushed down on the car, and y ou can see where it rubs. We drove it around and it rubbed....basically the entire time. Hit the gas? rub. turn? rub. slight bump? rub
    the only time it wouldn't is when you're going a constant speed, perfect road, and perfectly straight.

3. Richard Schultz

See were the back of the wheel is hitting,too much offset.Do you have a original wheel?If you do,put it on and youll see it wont hit on the back.I have the problem on the front of the nova.The tire too tall,hit a bump,rubs on the inner fender.How wide are your wheels?Hope this helps.

4. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Well, the rims only come with one option, so any challenges that came with I took it lol
    I have the original wheel, it fits fine, but it's also significantly smaller, the rim is only 15x8 and the tire isn't nearly as big so I don't run into issues.
    Current rims are 15x10

5. Richard Schultz

I think those tire will fit on a 8" wheel,might over hang alittle.Instead of running the 275 try 235 or 245.

6. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Ideally you want 4.5-5” of backspacing with that size wheel and tire. Your rims have 4.25” backspacing according to the speedway link so you’re not far off but will need to raise the rear of the car.

Looks like 1” lowering blocks on there so pull them and those stacked nuts for starters. Or if you want the same stance as the Bumblebee 76 now would be a good time to get a new set of springs with a +1” lift

7. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

ya, I was most certainly going to take off the extra nuts and the spacer and see how much that helps...far cheaper than buying new stuff (even though I'm probably going to do that anyways)
    I'm not sure if I want the exact same stance yet, I think that will depend on how much the tire rubs with stock springs, if it still does I'll get some high arch springs in february. The higher I lift the rear costs me handling though.

8. Richard Schultz

If you stay at two leafs,no great deal

9. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

slightly confused on what you mean

10. Richard Schultz

Most of the rear leaf springs are 1 leaf.My nova had 1 leaf.When I installed the 2 leaf is raised up the rear alittle above stock.