77 camaro 250ci inline restoration

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by rezajahanshahi, Sep 19, 2010.

1. rezajahanshahi

rezajahanshahi Member

Dec 25, 2009
    iran
    hi everybody.
    i have a 1977 camaro base with 250 ci inline engine and i want to make the engine looks perfect.
    im want to buy chrome valve cover, chrome air filter and chrome hose cover from one of the following web sites but im not sure about the fitment.
    please help me.
    www.yearone.com
    www.rickscamaros.com
    www.partstrain.com

2. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Reno NV,
    Yearone and Ricks are quality known vendors, I'm not familiar with partstrain but you can ask you the manufactor is from all three. If it's the same then buy from the least expensive.

3. GOLF72

GOLF72 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    CORONA, CA
  4. camaro73lt

camaro73lt Veteran Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Germantown, Maryland
    Hey Reza... can you post some pics of your car! Would be great to see your Camaro.... how did the car get to Iran? Just curious... Good luck and welcome the best place on earth for 2nd Gen Camaros!

5. Mark80Z28

Mark80Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Ohio
    I'd like to see pics too. My first car was a 77 Camaro with a straight 6.

[​IMG]

6. rezajahanshahi

rezajahanshahi Member

Dec 25, 2009
    iran
    pictures

hi to every body there in the u.s.a
    first of all i would like to thank you for replying to my post.
    for your information before the 1979 revelotion in iran, united states and iran had very good political and commercial relationship thats the reson we have the latest us cars from those days.
    recently young generation of iran realise the real value of muscle cars.
    now we have some fan clubs for camaro,pontiac and ..................
    every mounth we gather in some places to gether with our cars and enjoy our time together.
    i bougth my car directly from the 1st owner who bought it from the us when he was studying there.
    my camaro:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now below is the link i found from www.yearone.com
    regarding Chrome Air Cleaners and Lids and im not sure witch one will fit my carb ?
    if possible pls help me.

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/...&hid=826DB62216&cat=8&trk=12&searchid=4491369

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/...&hid=826DB62216&cat=8&trk=12&searchid=4491369

looking forward for your comments.

7. rezajahanshahi

rezajahanshahi Member

Dec 25, 2009
    iran
    camaro in iran

hi.
    following are some pictures from our fanclub meetings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 77LT1

77LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Jax, FL
    Those are some really good looking cars over there. :cool:

That is what my car looked like before I got a hold of it. :screwup:
    [​IMG]

Sometimes I miss that car......:whine: :D

B

9. Mark80Z28

Mark80Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Ohio
    Those are some very nice looking Camaros over there!:bowtie:

10. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    You have a really nice looking Camaro. That is really cool to see. I'm not sure if the air cleaners you selected from Year One would fit without knowing your current measurements of the one already on your engine.
    For the aircleaner you are looking for, measure the distance across for your current air cleaner you already have on your car. This should be the measurement for your air cleaner's diameter when searching for your new one. For the new one, I wouldn't go any wider than what you already have, or you may run into some clearance issues.
    Then measure the height of the one already on your car... If you want to have a taller air cleaner, take some clay, roll it and place the roll on top of your current air cleaner straight up and down, and then close your hood. Your hood will flatten the top of the clay. If not - add more clay to your roll, make it taller, and try again. Take a ruler and measure from the bottom of the clay to the top where the hood flattened it. Minus an inch for clearance purposes, and this will give you an idea of how much taller you can go with your cleaner by adding the measurement to your actual height of your current air cleaner.
    Any chrome valve covers will work as long as you order one specific for the 250 ci engine.
    Try Summitracing.com as well in your search if you haven't already. You can get all these items you are looking for there including the chrome hose cover. I hope this helps out any.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010