79 Camaro: Holley Dominator Install

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by czizza, Feb 17, 2019.

1. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

Just got back from SK Speed and got all of my toys ... I have been saving for this for about 4 years. My original computer is from 1998 Edelbrock Pro-Flo and it has served me well but is showing signs of its limits. The new engine is 550HP and I got more tuning to do so it is time for an upgrade to full command power, Sequential Injection, Total spark control and power.

The interior is all apart as I am doing the vintage Compact II install which will give me room for this huge computer.

Can't wait!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike-78 Z-28 and mrfleet12 like this.
  2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Why did you go with this system over the ProFlow 4, and I will be following this , as I am trying to figure out which one to go with, thanks for posting !! And which size injectors did you go with?

3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Sweet

4. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

The Eddy system is cool and cheaper but if you want full diag, full logging and control over everything possible then go with the Dominator. Holley does have the HP setup which is like the Eddy one but with the Dominator you get far more inputs and outputs.

For example, I plan on monitoring my Oil and Fuel pressures when one of them go low I want the engine to cut out. I don't want to go lean when racing. Plus my next steps are for the dataloggers to all sync up and to get a screen in the car to be additional output.

5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like a great system, I will be following your progress, thanks for the information!!

6. kyphur

kyphur Veteran Member

Imgur is blocked here at work. Subscribing to look at when I get home.

7. Plant Engineer

Plant Engineer Veteran Member

Congratulations. I just installed a HP system on a fresh 427 and with oil and fuel pressure sensors plus progressive dry nitrous and Water/Methanol injection and fans I'm just about maxed out on outputs. The Dominator system is the way to go for full data logging of anything you can imagine.

[​IMG]

8. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

That looks sweat! I like the plumbing and the Holley Throttle; I am going to try to keep my Eddy Throttle but might have to go and do the same.

Do you go with Crank Trigger or Dual Sensor distributor?

9. rustorbust

rustorbust Veteran Member

Your gonna like the dominator. I have one on my twin turbo big block race car and the endless amounts of inputs is amazing, I log everything that I possibly can......I tell people its my spaceship. I also am building a 79 Camaro with a 6.0 + T56 combo and will be using a HP ecu on it. Definitely will be checking in to see how you mount it and everything.

10. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i have the OLD commander 950 ...batch fire... it ran!...almost got to tune it...but it ran!!!! took me 2 yrs to make everything so it could run. Intake, fuel rails, fuel pump(in the tank...:)) th200r4 tv cable adapter (pita...) ...etc...etc...but it ran even drove it a few times... really hope to get back at it one day...been almost 3 yrs now...sitting there just weeping. (locked up, busted piston...not sure what else) but it ran ;)
    I've forgotten more about the programming...than I remember.. :(