79 Z28 "Fresh Start"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jmbz28, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

DSCF5095.JPG

A lot of things you could have done differently... except..... your not keeping the car...... Dude... Sell the fire chicken and keep the Camaro!!! :p

383 rotating assembly more or less bolts in the stock block, aluminum heads cool better, save weight and add HP at a comparative price to rebuilding a set of iron heads, or, just bolt a blower on it and bam, 300 hp... but... your not keeping it.... :( Built a 383 for my sons 89 fire chicken, really brought it to life. Looks like you do good work. Keep it up, take some classes and learn to paint... I admit that painting nowdays involves a lot of Osha... wasnt so hard to deal with 20 years ago. As mechanically inclined as you are, I am betting you could handle it. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it done and on the road again!

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

[​IMG]

3. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

Whoa, wtf is that? wow, there, deleted the extras.... Power went down, not sure what happend...:confused:

4. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

I finally got the Z back in my garage Tuesday. I started a new job on Wednesday so it's gonna be slow gong from here. I won't be spending every day in the garage anymore. I'll have the weekends though.

So I spent Monday and a little of Tuesday power washing underneath and spraying on a new undercoat and painting the frame and engine bay. When I got it home I removed the brake power booster and sprayed the fire wall and cowl panel. It looks good all cleaned up and a solid color.

A lot of the old undercoating flaked off with the power wash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The engine bay cleaned up nicely too. After seeing it with all the grease and grime washed off I found that I don't need to replace any bushings. They don't look all that old as it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New under coat and paint...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back in the garage with the firewall and cowl painted. She's almost ready for the motor to be dropped in.

[​IMG]

serpent710 likes this.
  5. krazy3

krazy3 Veteran Member

6. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

Lol, that's a reasonable question.

7. krazy3

krazy3 Veteran Member

That is sweet! Thanks! I hate relying on others....

8. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

You're welcome. It really helped a lot and I don't have to rely on anyone.

9. krazy3

krazy3 Veteran Member

BTW, I’ve been in printing my whole work life too, spent 33 years doing it in Illinois before moving to Arkansas. 40 years now this year....

10. ljsilver

ljsilver 1980 Z28

Nice job. I will be doing this in about 5 years on mine. Just drive it daily for now. I really like the white ones. Have them install the windshield correctly. Make sure they seal the cowl and firewall/cowl joints. Also check seals the heater box and kick panels on the passenger side as this is where leaks tend to be. Good luck.