'81 Z28 Code Red

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by riderwestslope, Mar 11, 2014.

1. riderwestslope

riderwestslope Veteran Member

A couple pictures my wife snapped for me.

Sally2 (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    Sally (1 of 1)-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Rjgearhead, 80sz, mrfleet12 and 2 others like this.
  2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That looks super sharp!!! Enjoy the results of all your hard work!!

riderwestslope likes this.
  3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

How does it feel to have a better tnan new car? Now take it out and enjoy

4. riderwestslope

I'm just glad to have something that's more than a piece of garage art now. Time to get it out and have fun. It's been a long time coming. I guess it's time to start on the next one. I think I'm a glutton for punishment.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  5. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Thats what we car guys do.

6. riderwestslope

I haven't posted any updates as of late. I ended up having to put a electric Walbro 255 pump in the tank as the external pump was getting hot and not doing the job. Finished up a few other loose ends like converting the transmission over for the mechanical speedometer. Going to take it in for a window tint soon hopefully, but mostly done at this point.

I bought a '91 Z28 here a little while back, and I'm starting to work on it. This Camaro thing is like a bad addiction. Starting to work on stripping paint. I think I'm counting four paint jobs worth. Don't know if there's any other third gen fans in here or not. I've been squirreling away parts since last fall. This one's going to be another 383 with a mini ram intake and a six-speed T56. This one will probably be the blue one finally. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to update with 3rd gen progress in this forum or not but I'll see if I can get a couple pictures to upload. I need to get a few more pictures of the '81 now that things are starting to warm up around here a little.
    20190325_201837.jpg 20181229_114548.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  7. riderwestslope

Just got the windows tinted. Probably sounds bizarre, but it feels weird to let anyone else work on this thing but me. It's the first time anyone else has really touched it. I thought I'd snap a quick picture to share before I shove it back in the garage. I've had a chance to cruise this car around some now between the sporadic Colorado spring storms. It's loud and obnoxious but it's fun to bomb around in. With the overdrive and 3:42s I'm finding I can cruise at 65 at just under 2,000 RPM. It still has no problems lighting the tires up though. I think the EFI system is still in its learning process. It's going to make a good crusier this summer. I'm debating putting it in its first car show Saturday. I've never been one for entering stuff in car shows much so we will see.
    20190509_125057~2.jpg

roadrace2 and Rjgearhead like this.
  8. DBS

DBS Veteran Member

Will the window guides not scratch the tint?

9. Rjgearhead

Rjgearhead New Member

I was never one to enter car shows either, but now that mine is done I enjoy having people check it out. It brings a little personal satisfaction to see people enjoy it. Be proud of what you've done and show it off. Nice Ride!!!

Attached Files:

riderwestslope likes this.
  10. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

I love third gens - esp the one you got. Clean lines. Yes, not the same SLA suspension set up as our second gen camaros but still handle great and look sexy.

Rjgearhead and riderwestslope like this.