!971 standard steering wheel question.

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Nov 9, 2019.

1. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Steve, I would think that woodgrain pad is becoming difficult to find. Seems like most buyers opted for the 4 spoke NK4 steering wheel.

2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Hey Scott,my car is NK4,but we always called those things Vega steering wheels as it seemed they threw them at the vega's later on,in the day around here everyone had those 4 spokes put on everything! My buddy even had one on his 74 suburban!!I have passed on a few of the 2 spoke with Chevrolet pad as I thought I'd never find a standard Camaro pad as I never saw one! I tried to sell my custom pad 15-20 years ago and I couldn't get $20 for it then-being a part hoarder I threw it on a box with jack covers and speaker grills which I guess don't have much value either then or now!! I now have something else to keep an eye out for now!- Later Steve!!

3. Bills69

Bills69 Veteran Member

for whats it worth my 69 vert has the single bar steering wheel with the Chevrolet logo