AAW wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by mjoc, Mar 17, 2020.

1. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

SO I am putting an AAW wiring harness in my 70 camaro RS/SS.. I have a lot of modification. but Want to see if besides the AAw youtube videos, and the instruction sheet if there are any other good resources that will help me plan and do this without screwing up too bad.

here are a list of the modification I have done/ doing that I think will need to be figured out. starting from front and working back.

1 LED headlights and relay kit
    2 Relay kit for horns
    3 Dual electric fans and relay kit
    4 SI alternator install
    5 MSD 6AL BTM ignition, MSD billet distributor
    6 Aftermarket Gauges (a bunch of these 10 different ones)
    7 Classic auto air AC
    8 Aftermarket stereo
    9 need to get horn on new steering wheel working
    10 New dome light with Map Lights (need to figure out how to do this circuit)
    11 need to figure how to wire reverse switch on my Tremec TKO trans
    12 Electric Fuel pump with relay and remote on/off (kill switch)
    13 Sequential LED tail lights

Any and all help is greatly appreciated
    Michael

2. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Im not sure I understand what youre asking,but if you bought the classic update harness of theirs,youre pretty much taken care of as far as them.They include a heavier system for all the electrical extras.And it already flips your old external alternator to a newer internal one.
    I did one in my car,it was pretty easy.If you do have questions,they are very helpful on the phone.

3. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Also my recommendation would be to buy the crimp tools from them to do the ends. I struggled at first without the tools they have and gave in to them. Definitely needed to install the ends.

mjoc likes this.
  4. orkin

orkin Veteran Member

On my 73 I did notice that the connection through the firewall is the same connection as stock, but they changed how they wired it. If you are changing the fuse box and engine wiring harness at the same time it isn't a big deal, you just cant use the original schematics anymore.

The reverse light sensor in the trans should be simple on/off switch you wire in series with the backup lights. The hardest part should be getting the wires safely to the trans and back.

With switching to LED lights, the original flashers doesn't like the lower current draw. The easy answer is to get an electronic flasher with a ground wire. Other options involve adding parasitic loads to every circuit to mimic the draw of the old bulbs.

mjoc likes this.
  5. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There's a console harness supplied if you need it with the clasic update version.

mjoc likes this.
  6. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Thank you everyone....