Advice on getting a cashier's number?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 81 Sport Coupe, Oct 31, 2014.

1. 81 Sport Coupe

81 Sport Coupe Veteran Member

Normaly I wouldn't ask somthing like this but it is the bs topic so here it goes, I work an overnight shift at wal-mart which gets me through college, and this really cute cashier works the shift before me. I don't know if it's because I'm thinking about it to much, but when she was cashing me out the other day she just kept smiling at me and looking at me when in line, last night she randomly walked down an asile I was stocking stuff in and just said "having fun?" which I don't know if she was trying to get me to talk but anyhow I'm really going nuts over this girl, and I understand she probely gets hit on alot when cashing guys out, but I wanted to get her number and mabey coffee to get to know her better. My problem is I never really asked a girl out they always just seemed to ask me, not saying I don't have the balls to do it, it's just that I value my job lol, and knowing me I'll probely just be really random and ackward/creepy in a conversation and ask her straight out for her number or say somthing stupid, I always try to be myself but somtimes I can't think straight in these types of situations, I just want that chance. any advice on how to go about this?

2. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

her number? coffee?

how old are you bro? - that seems really old school - I would just talk to her

3. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have confidence. That is the biggest thing. If you walk up all awkward girls pick up on that quickly. Not cocky or anything, just be as confident as you would be with family or friends.

Next, just be yourself from there. If you want to get a coffee (old school or not :) ) then ask her for coffee. If she is into you it wont matter where you ask her to, she will jump at the chance.

Odds are, if she found herself on your isle at the store she was there on purpose.

What's the worst thing that could happen, she say no? From what you said I'd bet she says yes though.

Rich

4. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

As a former member of walmart penitentery my self, i say this with the best intentions: grow a pair. Ive had more "fun" in the parking lot than i can count by just talking with co-workers. Stike up a conversation, drop hits at what you saw, and if she responds positivly ask for her number. If she gives it txt her on break. Be polite but ask her out. Renember windows of opertunity only last a short while before you are freind zoned. Good luck.

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I hear catcalls work well lol

6. Led Zep

Led Zep Veteran Member

Nut up or shut up:crazy:

You are better off just asking her out.Women tend not to give out their phone number to people they do not know.

7. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

yep

seems kids nowadays have literally ZERO social skills...it's a wonder how any of them get laid

8. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

I remember when I was 21, I worked at Montgomery Wards in the automotive shop and this really fine young lady worked in the store as a cashier. I put my big boy panties on and approached her and asked for her number, she gave it to me and we started dating soon after.

Long story short, we were together 8 years, had two kids together and she became the biggest biatch ever, cheated on me with her co-worker and we split with me taking a foreclosure on my credit after it all unraveled.

I'm not saying don't approach her and ask her out, my advice is don't get her pregnant. I love my kids more then the world but I was way too young and I let little Joe make way too many choices for me when I was young ;)

Also, don't even think about getting married until you are at least 30 years old. I don't care how much the girl begs or demands, by 30 most guys are smart enough to avoid the really crazy girls.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jeez some of you guys are harsh. I guess you forgot what it was like to be young and finding your bearings.

Op, listen to Rich (69LM1). She's just one person in millions. If she doesn't dig you then it's just one out of a million opportunities. Don't make it bigger then it is (I know easier said then done)

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

10. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Make a puppet that looks like her. ;)

[​IMG]

;)

First.
    How old are you and her?

Coworker dating.... Double edged sword there.

It can be great but backroom activities or relationship problems can lead to unemployment, for both of you.

My son just had two coworkers fired after a relationship went sour and they brought their drama to work.

Enough "Dad" advice....

Talk to her... Ask her to coffee.

Choose a time and place rather than "just asking".
    And DON'T make any offers to be her non-dairy creamer. :screwup: