Amazon phone scam (new one for me)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Feb 13, 2020.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

We get calls from a power company we don't even have apologizing for overcharging us. Just hang up and block the #, but they change the # and call back. I've even had calls that the caller ID said it was my number with my name, twice in a row. My memory is bad, but I never remember calling myself. If I want to talk to myself I'll do it without the phone.

2. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

I got a robo call saying it was the Social Security Administration a few days ago. Bad recording so I just hung up. They won't call you if something is wrong...

3. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yup...I get the "warranty just ran out on my car, and the house". I better sign up fast.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Last week, I answered the phone and whispered "It's finished, but there's a lot of blood". Then I hung up.

5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

My family is a bunch of punks,been messing with telemarketers for years,I never curse or vulgar as I do know they are doing a sucky job,BUT I did the Chinese restaurant thing and the caller-a woman screamed at me "I'm doing this to support my kids!!"I calmly replied "Confucious say woman who keep legs crossed no need to work in phone bank" She called me an A--hole and hung up.
    We used to have a local carpet cleaner chain call the area and my brother was on Grouches angle and he'd say how much blood does your machine pick-up? can you get it out while its still wet??How soon can you get here? then he'd hold the phone away and moan and gurgle, get back on line and say I have to go and hang up.Can't believe the sheriff never got sent out for that!He also likes to act aroused when women callers call-he asks them what kind of shoes do you wear,are they open toed,are your toe nails painted is your second toe longer than your big toe,got tons more but that's all for now-Later Steve!!

Fbird and bourbon_scotch like this.
  6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Having an auto repair business, we get them every day, selling pens, key chains, sandpaper, etc. It doesn't do any good to hang up or yell, they'll just keep calling back. So I have fun with them. A girl called once who sounded like she was about 14. Said "This is Amy from **** tool and lock company. We have a device that can get into any car, foreign or domestic without doing any damage." I said "Amy that's just what I've been looking for! In fact, send me two!" She got giddy and wanted to verify my shipping address. Then I asked "One question Amy, does it matter if I have two felony convictions for grand theft auto?"
    Click.

7. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have three that I use: Tyrone's Tacos, Willie B's BBQ, Chucky's Chicken Ribs.

8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I get at least one new scam call each week. And, each one is as stupid as the previous ones. The old stand-bys never stop. Credit card scams seem to top my list, followed by various computer scams. (Windows errors, Apple cloud hacks, phony computer service contract scams, etc.)
    I've had similar Amazon scam calls, and Medicare scams, and so many more that I can't even remember.

9. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

never really thought what a huge pain in the ass it must be when these calls go to a business, that does actually rely on the landline. i never pick my phone up at home. seriously, it hasnt left the little charging thing-a-ma-bop that it sits on in like 3 years.

10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

It's a Major PITA! Our business must get a dozen a day