Anvil Auto Hood

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Scottyd, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Scottyd

Scottyd Veteran Member

Has anyone heard or gotten a response from anyone at Anvil Auto lately? I'm trying to get some info on a Powerbulge Hood that I put deposit down on March 4th, with no luck.

Not a good feeling....

2. lightly-modded

lightly-modded Member

Storm usually gets back to me in 24 to 48 hrs. I'm just starting to get parts from my order from February. First box arrived Monday. Still waiting on two more. They are ridiculously slow, like a part they confirmed that they got in over a month and a half ago still hasn't shipped yet. I had inquired about a hood, based on their response I'd expect your hood in about a month. (When they respond tomorrow it tends to be next week, next week means next month...)

3. Scottyd

Scottyd Veteran Member

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous, I'm still waiting on a reply... I was afraid they went out of business or something, so there's some light in the tunnel... I sure hope it's worth the wait. How's the quality of what you've gotten so far?

4. lightly-modded

lightly-modded Member

Quality is amazing, definitely very well made. Gloss clear is like looking in a mirror, perfectly smooth. Haven't had a chance to install yet, so I can't comment on fitment, but I don't expect any issues. Only real issue I have had with them is the time it takes. If they were just honest and said 6-7 months instead of 3 I wouldn't have had any issues.
    Decklid:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hubedobeedo, dave@ztech and Scottyd like this.
  5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That does look like good work.

hubedobeedo and Scottyd like this.
  6. Scottyd

Scottyd Veteran Member

I still have not heard back, maybe they're on vacation?

7. lightly-modded

lightly-modded Member

I don't know. I sent an email on Friday and haven't gotten a response. Last time I talked to them was either the 2nd or the 5th. I am on vacation this week, but I expect a response before I get back. If they don't respond this week I'm gonna get worried though...

Scottyd likes this.
  8. Scottyd

Scottyd Veteran Member

Please let me know if you hear back, I've sent emails to both Storm and the "order info" email addresses on August 7th and again yesterday.

9. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think sometimes, these guys figure that all they have for you, is bad news anyway, gonna take another month, to get to your order, they figure if they don't respond for awhile, then when they finally do, they say sorry Dude, been so slammed haven't even been able to check our emails , HAA HA , then they figure, you will be happy when they say they are getting to your order. HAAAA HA

lightly-modded likes this.
  10. lightly-modded

lightly-modded Member

Probably true. While they acknowledged that they had my parts a while ago, I'm beginning to question it. Back on July 10th I was told that they noticed that the rear spoiler they set aside for me was satin not gloss when they checked on it A FEW WEEKS AGO. That means they checked on it in June, still haven't seen it. Also said the rear bumper and trunk lid were pulled at the same time, got one not the other. Also, since they have shipped something, I have paid off the entire invoice at this point, not just a deposit.

As I said, they have a week to respond, then I might get need to do something.

Scottyd, I'll let you know if I here anything. Just remember they are closed weekends so the soonest they could respond is Monday.

Scottyd likes this.