Any tuners on here?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by ErikNORCAL, Mar 6, 2020.

1. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

Recently completed swap, shake down runs can’t get into the throttle, throwing P0010/crank position sensor and experiencing dead pedal/limp mode. Odometer is reading warp speed.

Decided To keep the DIY aspect and got Hp tuners.

just scanned and showing 158 mph and a 2008 Silverado mail order tune.

Still learning, but quick search on recent topics seems the 158 mph and truck tune are indicators the tune doesn’t work for manual transmission cars. Plus the need for a different gas pedal.

anyway - still learning and my question; is above correct? mainly to brace my mind that going to have to throw a few $$ at it (if I have the wrong gas pedal) AND changeover the operating system to something like a corvette. Seems like a fun first tuning project o_O

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. VandykeT/A

VandykeT/A Member

What is the engine/ecm out of. And what transmission is it attached to. I’ve tuned several vehicles of friends and my own but never been into the swap stuff. In late 06 a 58tooth reluctor was used for the crank trigger but the older were 24x but I’d imagine it wouldn’t have started if that were the case. Does the 158 show up in the scanner or in the speed limiter in the editor. I’ve never personally had to do it but hptuners has the crank relearn in the scanner.

3. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

Think have it figured out but you are on the right track. The 158 shows up in the scanner. The harness has vss wired into it but the ecm part number is for a 2007 truck and would not be expecting a VSS high/low signal. The engine is ‘08 or 09 LY5. The pedal is C6 corvette. Appears a TCM is needed for a speed signal on the earlier ‘07 E38 ecm or Operating system. even if manual trans is selected in hp tuners, doesn’t seem to overcome the OS. At this point, I have a later model ecm 12633238 arriving Monday flashed with a manual trans C6 corvette OS/tune. The wiring diagrams for a vette/camaro show VSS pin outs where mine are, so “hopefully” this be the right direction.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Mike-78 Z-28 likes this.