any where I can find or buy the light socket for the ac/heat control panel

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Scrappy1980, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Member

I have tried to replace the blub and had not luck getting it to come on. It looks like it has been cracked. I just need the socket for the blub that feeds into the back of the ac unit.

72 camaro

2. Jim Streib

Jim Streib https://www.flickr.com/photos/121766713@N04/albums

I don't know if you want to do this but on my 68 Chevy II Nova, the heater controls had no lighting in it (optional for some reason) and I ended up gathering parts from a local autoparts store and then to keep from cutting into the existing harness I used the LPS terminal in the fuse block to power the new added light and then grounded the light socket under an existing ground screw.

The hole for the light in my 68:

[​IMG]

The light socket I bought and trimmed the nubs back some so the socket fit snugly into the hole:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Socket test fitted into the hole:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lighting terminal labeled LPS I plugged into using a right angle 1/4" female terminal:

[​IMG]

How it works in the car to where the added light dims and is controlled along with the lighting for the speedometer cluster:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121766713@N04/35464756712/in/album-72157683583243170/

Jim

3. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Member

thanks for the idea, that light socket set up is what i need.