Anybody here, other than me, not using Facebook, Twitter etc.?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 450bench, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mike Bozung

Mike Bozung Veteran Member

I'm with you 100% ! LOL........I even go one step farther. I don't carry a cell phone. I have a "track phone" ,but it stays in the car and if I use it 3 -4 times a month, thats a lot.

2. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I use FB mainly for political and certain pages I like. Most of my family I can't stand.

I use twitter strictly for sports

I use Instagram for cars, tattoos, guns, etc.

3. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

Scott.....I wouldn't know about that. I am not that old to know what life was like before the basics.. LOL!! All I am saying is that social media, internet, and cell phones could all go bye bye tomorrow. It wouldn't bother me one bit. I would just have to go out and buy another camera.......:D :D

4. 70COPO

70COPO Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Not a fuddy-duddy. Everybody that I know that seems to like FB is Female.

Most of the guys that I know that use it have time to waste. If I want to go to a forum I do.

I have not been conditioned to a complete loss of privacy yet where I have to tell everybody everything all the time, but it does seem that society is heading in that direction. I will Pass.

BTW I will NEVER support Zuckerberg $$$$.:)

5. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Yea man I like facebook because I've found out where and what friends I thought I'd never see again are up to. I just a couple of days ago reunited with a real good friend from high school I've not seen in at least 25 years. He moved away and recently returned. He had recently crossed my memory and I honestly thought chances are he was dead! Then 2 days later he saw a post comment I made on another guy I knew in high school and sent me a message. I'll admit that sometimes when you reunite with old friends you learn you no longer have anything in common. But absolutely not always. At least you have the bedrock of knowing where your from. Some of my friends update their progress on the car related projects similar to NastyZ on Facebook. Facebook is a great way to spread the word about an event. There is a new and used race car auction site I look at on Facebook that is interesting. There's all kinds of stuff on there. I'll admit there is a bunch of crap on there too. When I see comments and post I don't like I block the person. Try it you'll like it if you use it right!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  6. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

That's crazy talk. Everyone is going to know what you ate last night and the Nazis are going to suck your brains out if you're on Facebook.:crazy:

7. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

I use Facebook but if the Nazis use it to spy on me I'm gonna have to close my account.

Ze Germans are everywhere dammit!!

8. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

the privacy thing makes me laugh. the user is in control of how much info they share just like a forum

9. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

That's kinda how I feel too.

10. kodamar

kodamar Veteran Member

My original reason for not using Facebook was that it would cause my former life and my current life to INTERSECT in ways that would not be beneficial to anyone.

Once people started bugging me and sending invites all the time I decided I would never do it.

If there was a specific financial reason for me to be there I might, but aside from that I have no reasons or time to deal with it. I haven't even been on this site in many years.