Anyone know of a web site to try different paint colors on a car?

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 70 gsconvt, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 70 gsconvt

70 gsconvt Veteran Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Wadsworth, OH
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a web site that had stock pics of cars that you could change the colors? I've seen these for wheels on cars. I was wondering if anyone ever did if for car colors.

I'd like to start looking at colors for my car with an RS two-tome theme. But I would like to first see it mocked up.

2. OneShoe50

OneShoe50 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I read a suggestion once, take black and white photos of your car, print out and use to try different colors. If the car is already a dark color, see if your camera has a negative or reverse image capabilities.

And I'm thinking about the RS theme also, but something other than black over silver. Did you have a color combo picked out?

3. 70 gsconvt

Sep 30, 2009
    Wadsworth, OH
    I was thinking that dark orange that Chevy has on the body with a silver top.

4. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    Jennings, OK
  5. OneShoe50

OneShoe50 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Nice, sounds like something Foose might use.

I did find this page: http://www.printfree.com/coloring_pages/cars.htm

It's a front on view, but it's free!

6. 70 gsconvt

Sep 30, 2009
    Wadsworth, OH

Well, this is a start. I can't believe someone has't made an app for something like this yet. It would be a big help to many automotive enthusiests.

7. Monstah

Monstah New Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    I was looking for the same thing last week. I had no luck either....that would be a great app.

I'm sure someone could photoshop a couple colors for you. If I knew how, I'd do it for you.

I went and dug up some old muscle car mags from the 70's that my friend had in his garage, that was a good inspiration for me. Even the newer mags have resto projects that could give you a few ideas.

8. phpHacker

phpHacker Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Bozeman, Montana
    I don't know if Tire Rama is a national chain or not...but when I was in there last week, they have a PC up front that runs software with about any car in it. you can change out the colors to whatever you want and change out wheels and tires as well (even sizes) which was pretty cool.

9. Monstah

Monstah New Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  10. 70 gsconvt

Sep 30, 2009
    Wadsworth, OH
    Now we're getting somewhere. Now if we could just get one that allows the car to be rotated and do two colors, I'd be all set.