Anyone running suspension from Chris Alston's Chassisworks?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by ecrump06, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ecrump06

ecrump06 New Member

Finally looking for front and rear suspension for my 73 Camaro. Trying to stay less than 6k. I have been looking around and seen what seems to be good deals at Chris Alston's Chassisworks. However, I can't find much on them for 2nd gens. Read some reviews and seems like customer service isn't the best but hardly anyone talks about the actual product. Anyone have any input? I'm thinking their:

Street Machine Clip Front Suspension
    http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-3660-street-machine-clip-front-suspension.aspx

and

Canted 4 Bar
    http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-341-canted-4-bars.aspx

Any helpful insight and suggestions is welcomed. Thank you.

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Flaming River has a new Rack and Pinion , bolt on, and take a look at RideTech for a 4 link rear, you can also get a CPP corvette front spindle so that you can bolt on corvette brakes, lots of options out there, you need to tell everyone , what you want to do with the car, then it will be easier to point you into the correct direction.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

They have quality stuff, but that’s a lot of money for what you get.

4. badazz81z28

SpeedTech? DSE?

5. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

I agree with dave@ztech, need to know what you want to do with the car and your overall expectations on performance and handling.

Lots of options and directions to consider for 6k and under.

6. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have you tried one of our sponsors either PTFB (Protouring F Body or Custom Works, both guys will talk to you to see what you want to accomplish and make recommendations to get you there. Both run cars with their products installed, you won't get better service than guys who race and build their own cars and have tested their products on the track. I've bought from both. Go to the forms page and click through till you see them, contact info should be on their respective pages.

7. badazz81z28

It’s a drastic leap from Chris Alston to custom works or PTFB. What’s the end goal?

8. ecrump06

ecrump06 New Member

I'm looking for a decently smooth ride and a low stance. It will be street driven and the occasional windy roads to work on some days. Not going to autocross it or anything like that.

9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

sounds more like you want to UPDATE it a little....not re-invent the wheel. Shouldn't take 6k to make a nice rider that holds some power..

10. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

The spectrum is pretty wide, there are a few things to take into account are, what is the intended use? what tires are you wanting to use? how much power and what drive train?
    knowing these things helps determine what is required to all work together.
    You absolutely do not need to change the frame or go to a different style suspension to accomplish your goals, we can show you how to accomplish 4th gen performance at a third of your budget.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-to-upgrade-your-second-gen-suspension/

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-to-upgrade-your-second-gen-suspension-part-2/