Anyone see the new T56 Magnum "F"

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 76z28, May 20, 2019.

1. Rayden2009

Rayden2009 Veteran Member Gold Member

Wow that is far back. Are you worried about the relationship to the driver and comfort of the shifter in hand?

2. angelo

angelo New Member

No, I am wondering which console will work, the auto or manual with which position the shifter plate is mounted on the t56 magnum. The shift plate can be mounted in 2 ways which moves the shifter forward /b 3-5/8".

3. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I'll know soon hopefully.... I think the furthest back position MIGHT work with the auto console. I just recieved the transmission Monday. Not sure when I can install though. Ugh.

Attached Files:

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. angelo

angelo New Member

Looks like your t56 shifted (no pun intended) during shipping too! Mine had the rear seal get all jacked up. Tremec sent me a new rear seal, I got it the very next day I spoke with them.

Also when you register the Tremec online you will get a free shift ball, they have black and white ones, only thing I have had to source myself was a shift arm which makes sense everyone will want a different height shifter. I got my shift ball 10 days after I registered.

The race is on, I am going to start the swap next weekend (the 20th), this weekend is Goodguys here in Columbus and I don't want my car apart in the garage during that.

5. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Oh yeah.... This was the box.. But it shifts and turns still so we shall see!
    I'm not sure when I'll get to mine.... I may try and start pulling the transmission and exhaust tomorrow.
    I want it in! I ordered the white shifter ball for mine.. So I'll have 2 white shifter balls.
    The red seal holder fell out but it seems that the seal is okay.

Attached Files: